95 1.9td fuel filter type swap??? - dimitri
Found fuel leaking behind starter motor, traced to the mounting bracket for fuel filter (where it bolts onto block with three bolts) When I pumped with the primar it literally gushed. Sooo, I took off the filter and housing, to see what gives after undoing the middle allen bolt (the long one) it became obvious this is a pre-heating device and that allen bolt has to seal in the housing to stop fuel leaking past....got a new bolt new copper washer..fine for a while then leak again..new metal gasket..........Peugeot guy at main dealers had asked me if i had the fuel filter housing with the holes in the bottom that allows the pre-heat to work when i went for bolts......which has led me to believe that some dont have this badly desiegned pre heat system....and if so are they interchangable??? It aint ever that cold here and it dont pre heat the diesel till the water is hot anyway, and by that time the cars up and running so its unnessacery to me....does anyone know if there are indeed two differing housings and fuel filter types???? any info would be greatly apreciated...

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 01/12/2009 at 10:10

95 1.9td fuel filter type swap??? - piston power
Try lucas see if they have a fuel filter primer pump, those pre heaters i presume it's a webasto heater they make all the differance in cold weather starting plus hot heaters first thing in a morning, id use it!

Maybe any standard fuel filter primer pump with filter will work you just will have to T off for the heater?

Edited by bigtee on 01/12/2009 at 11:37