Ford Focus wrote off, not sure what to get now - CarClueless
My 53 plate Ford Focus was wrote off 3 weeks ago (some mad woman took me out)
I have received £3300 (less my £100 excess which another company is trying to claim back). I am a bit 'off' Ford's now. I have been looking since last Friday and there just doesn't seem to be much out there suitable. Basically my wants are no older than 5 years, no bigger than 1.4 engine, no more than 60K miles, and we can probably go up to £3500.

I do like Seat Leon's but the nearest is 55 miles away. I don't want a Punto or any Fiat to be honest.

Any recommendations please?? I am in Manchester

thanks

debra
Ford Focus written off, not sure what to get now - Avant
Look on Autotrader for things like

Skoda Fabia (go for a 1.4 with 100 bhp)
Vauxhall Astra (although personally I'd rather have a Focus)
VW Golf (but for your budget it would be older than the above)
Honda Civic
Nissan Almera
Toyota Corolla

There should be plenty of each in your price range. Good luck.

Edited by Avant on 11/11/2009 at 19:06

Ford Focus written off, not sure what to get now - CarClueless
Thanks for that, I hadn't looked at Skoda's, or Nissan's. I had looked at Toyota's (as my dad won't have anything else!) and I was looking at Seat Leon's (nearerst one is 55 miles away). I appreciate the reply.
Ford Focus written off, not sure what to get now - bazza
Also add Yaris to the above list if you don't need a large car, or Octavia if you do. £3500 is a bit of an awkward price at the moment. The used market has gone a bit odd with the scrappage scheme. I had a similar budget and ended up buying a Panda 08 reg for £1500 more. Don't overlook that - they have an excellent reputation and come out of the same factory in Poland as the new Ford Ka ( in fact it's the same car in a different skin!).
Ford Focus wrote off, not sure what to get now - L'escargot
Focuses are available in abundance, cheap to service and repair, cheap to insure, and there are lots of Ford dealers. And they are nice cars. No contest.