03 .65 A number of questions? - Gregory II
Please bear with me. Hopefully these questions do not seem too obvious:
(The vehicles this is relevent to is a toyota camry and honda deauville)

Q1. I have heard someone say that their renault megane uses 1/2 common rail. I cannot grasp this concept: what exactly does he mean?

Q2. Can anyone offer advice/ give a video of how to change a motorcycle clutch and synchronise carbs. Something for dummies would be great!

Q3. How can heated grips be installed onto a motorbike. Good instructions/ video would be very useful.

Q4. Is there a guide on the internet to allow me to understand wiring diagrams. I have looked but I cannot find a good one.

Q5. If my bike has only a coolant temperature gauge that only warns you when the bike is overheating, is it possible to install one with an actual gauge. Where can I get a good outdoor gauge from - I've only seen interior ones for cars online?

Q6. Where can I buy a code reader for my car at a reasonable price?

Q7. How can fuel be siphoned out of a car fuel tank safely and without causing air bubles in the system.

Sorry I have so many questions. I look forward to your input into this: very much appreciated.

Greg
And one little point: has anyone thought of going to the mechanex show at Sandown Park on 17-18 November. It looks really good, and as a beginner into mechanics it looks like I might learn lots of small snippets of knowledge! Website here: www.mechanex.info/
03 .65 A number of questions? - sarka1230
right lets start at q1 1/2 common rail? its either common rail or not it means the fuel is delivered to the injectors by 1 fuel line and injectors are opened and closed by elec tric pulses non common rail the fuel is sent by singlle fuel lines to each injector, q2 get a workshop manual for your bike clutch is easy to change but best to have a good manual if your 1st time same for carbs good manual will show how, you will need vacuum gauges try e-bay which also applies to q6, q3 all aftermarket heated grips come with instuctions and a wiring diagram just follow them q4 a wiring diagram is just a map which will have a key withit explaining what each symbol and number means , q5 i take it when you sa a "outdoor gauge" you mean 1 that can be fitted to a bike , try any good bike parts shop MPS online is as good as any ,q6 see above ,q7 with a pipe ,air bubbles in system? nonsense what do you think happens when you fill up at a petrol station the speed the fuel enters tank means lots of bubbles , ever had a problem then ?
Has anyone come up with the symptoms on the V6 Camry/ Camry, whereby with an autogas installation the sporadic Malfunction Indication Light (MIL) comes on. The gas system was checked repeatedly, where everything seemed perfect. The installer has investigated the reason the MIL and all that is displayed is injector misfire. Having changed the specific gas injector, the problem persisted. It is likely that the car ecu
identifies the disconnection open circuit.

I understand that this is not an easy thing to rectify.

Where can I purchase a cheap OBD suitable for this car. Would one made by Autal called "MaxScan" suffice?

Also, how do I empty a fuel tank safely if the car is going to be scrapped?

Thanks
Greg
Does anyone have ideas about the fault I described above? Also, where can I obtain wiring diagrams for a BMW (1989 model/ 2 litre etc). The haynes manual is not so useful.

Thanks
Gregory
Any thoughts on the issue above? And where online can I obtain wiring diagrams/ manuals for past cars?