Help With Golf Model Confusion - hamd01
Im posting this message in total confusion, and after visiting my local dealership, who knew nothing more than I do, and in fact pointed me in the direction of the VW Website (which also doesnt help).

We are interested in a VW Golf Bluemotion. Having done our reading up, we decided to take on a test drive. The dealer (understadably) didnt have a Bluemotion in stock, but gave us a 1.6TDI SE, which as we (and the dealer) understood it is identical to the Bluemotion.

We loved the car, and were given a brochure and pricelist to take away.

Here starts the confusion;

It appears that VW have done a model change, so the gold bluemotion is now based on the Golf TDI s, not the SE. This obviously means you loose a lot of nice extras, and get a cabin missing some of the plushness. This is known as the Golf Bluemotion 2010.

However, looking through the price list we were given, it appears you can now buy a Golf 1.6 TDI SE with Bluemotion.

We were also quoted upto 6 months for delivery, which seems incredible....if this the case at all dealers?

If anyone is able to confirm which models of Golf are available in a Bluemotion format, it would be greatly appreciated.

Help With Golf Model Confusion - dieselfitter
It may help to take a look at Drive the Deal's website and then give them a call. I found them helpful and knowledgeable about model availability when I bought my last car. The website usually gives a pretty accurate idea of spec/options too.
Help With Golf Model Confusion - jacks
The Bluemotion Golf 105PS - CO2 g/kg = 99, VED band A is similar to the S and is listed at £17910 for the 5 door.

VW also do a Golf SE 105PS with "Bluemotion technology" at £18315 for the 5 door manual.
This model has a CO2 g/kg = 107 putting it in VED Band B.

So there are 2 models, the SE is not the full Bluemotion but it has the following (over the standard SE):

16 inch alloys with low resistance tyres
Battery regeneration technology
Hill hold function
computer with visual gear change recommendation
stop start function
Bluemotion badge

If you go to the VW website all this is explained and if you download the Golf pricelist the spec. of the SE with Bluemotion technology is on page 5.

Quite poor - but not surprising that the VW Sales Staff didn't know this - It took me all of 3 minutes to find out, useful as well as I'm considering a 1.6 SE 105PS when I change in March - how did the car drive?

Jacks
The 1.6se was totally stunning, refined to the max. It was quiet, smooth yet responsive. They let us have a 60 min test drive (on our own) so I got a great feel for the car. Probably the best hatchback I've ever driven. I took it down some country lanes, and also onto a 60MHP dual carriageway, and couldnt have been more impressed.

When I got back and sat in an S model my heart sank, as it didnt feel anywhere near as refined. Crummy radio, no armrests, and missing quiet a few tech features.

Pretty sure we will go for a 1.6se with BM

Thanks for your help.
Sorry, should have added;

If your thinking of changing in March, I'd get one ordered now.

2 reasons.... delivery estimate is around 6 months. You do have to pay a deposit, but any dealer WILL offer it you back if you cancel....the reason is that they are not allowed to order a Golf unless they have a customer's name to put next to it. If you cancel your order they will have no problem at all in shifting it, and would gladly welcome the chance to get one in stock.

Also, they will give you today's market value for your own car, so that 6 months where your car wont be loosing you money.

Help With Golf Model Confusion - FredLee
It looks like you have the answer now but it is confusing.
I have this week ordered a 1.6 TDI 105PS SE Bluemotion Technology. This is different from the pure Bluemotion model which lacks a lot of goodies, returns 3-4 mpg more but is only marginally cheaper. You have to study the brochure or website closely to work it all out. You start with the SE model and add the Bluemotion engine.
Mine is contract hire and 10 - 12 weeks away.
I didn't take a test drive but a thousand reviews can't all be wrong regarding the quality of this car