MB VITO 4 wheel steering taxis. - henry k
I happened to be in the west end of London in the wee small hours and saw one of these taxis.
It did a slow 180 turn at slow speed as I watched.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvhHpYHzv70 in case you have not seen one.
I came across this forum / comments
forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?p=3403960

A cabbies review
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hziiR7-vLWg&feature=related

Are the 4 wheel steer versions in use in other parts of the country?
At the time I was in town the majority of vehicles were taxis but I only saw this one VITO but the link above suggests they are seliing well.

p.s. How about a $60K+ V8 black cab like this?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhNKG9TizXY&feature=related
MB VITO 4 wheel steering taxis. - drbe
I happened to be in the west end of London in the wee small hours

I spotted a Vito taxicab in the West End at a respectable time and wondered how they got it through the 25 foot turning circle regulation. Your post has solved the mystery.
MB VITO 4 wheel steering taxis. - gordonbennet
Interesting review by the chap on the youtube clip, seems he's not convinced by the vehicle's first model.
One thing i'd have liked him to comment on would be ride quality for passengers, something the Tx4 excels at being softly sprung with narrow soft riding tyres.

The 5mph max speed for engaging rear steer won't endear itself to the cabbies, apparently it doesn't operate in reverse either, and the added size of the vehicle especially the extra width would be a headache.

I wondered about the complexity of the rear steer system, but one of the taxi dealers i delivered to reckoned the rear was a simple hydraulic ram capable of being changed in 20 mins, didn't mention how complex the lectrics that operate it were mind.

I'd like that rear steer if i needed a people carrier, i wonder if they'll offer it as an option.