97 1.6 Immobiliser problems - Eddie.T.

Hi there,,got a 97 Astra 1.6 16v auto,,batt light came on whilst driving,then went off 5secs later.Pulled up at house 2mins later and took key out and it came back on and still stays on with key out.Put key back in but car would not start,,it did for 2secs then died,,few times.After much fluffing about by a "diagnostic guy" says alt is shorting on inside,ECU says no signal from immob,,he says this means my immob has kicked in and car wont start,,was worried that my eml was not lit,,,said he would comeback with right software for wotever,and in meantime i should take out clocks and check eml bulb.Did this,,bulb blown,,others missing,??,2 days later and the "GUY" hasnt appeared,,foned vauxhall and they says due to batt discharge the system had lost its memory and i would have to come in and pay for them to see if this was the case and then pay them again to get its memory back,???,,.I havent lost key chips they have not even been moved from keys or anything so how can this be,,any advice to get my car remembering/starting without getting robbed at vaux would be greatfully appreciated mate as i am going loco,,not much money(benefits)not much hair left either,,,cheers,,sorry for the long speel mate,,
Eddie
97 1.6 Immobiliser problems - sandy56
you could try using jumper leads to your car battery- see what happens.

If you have lost power the car shouldnt have reset.
I took the battery out of my Mondeo and all I had to then do was put the security code in for the radio. The Mondeo is loaded with goodies and they all worked normally.

You may need a new car battery ? easy to check or maybe just the battery in your car keys may need replacing easy job.

or just disconnect the battery, and leave for about 30 minutes and connect it back again.

See what happens. A 97 astra isnt that complicated.

All else fails it may need a car leccy to re-set the ecu.
You may be able to do that yourself by GOOGLING it and see what you get
97 1.6 Immobiliser problems - Eddie.T.
had battery off for more than an hour,,,made no difference,,battery in key is fine,,,have changed alternator,fuel pump relays,new bulb in EML,friend droppin new car battery off in morning,will give this a go and see what happens,,fingers crossed ,,eh,,,lol,cheers for the advice sandy,,much appreciated mate,,,eddie