Front fog light activation. - ValleyBoy
Hi back roomers,

I used to be a regular user of this forum and have been away for quite a while, it's nice to back !

My brother has a new Skoda Yeti 2.0 Tdi 4x4, it hasnt done a 1000 miles. When he selects reverse with the headlights on, the front foglights come on too, all by themselves. Then when u de-select reverse they go off but the right-hand one comes back on and stays on !

He's taking it back to the dealer tomorrow, whom are excellent it has to be said, but has anyone else experienced this too ?

Front fog light activation. - Ben 10
If he selects the front fogs, do the reversing lights come on?
Hi Spood,

Thankfully not.

It only happens with headlights on dipped/Main beam, not with just sidelights on.

Its getting weird now.
Front fog light activation. - bell boy
as suzi said
its can de can i believe
something to do with steering angle sensers and can
take it back
Front fog light activation. - b308
Try the BRISKODA forum, they have their own Yeti section and you'll be able to speak to other owners.
Front fog light activation. - Altea Ego
Bell boy is trying to tell you in his own unique style, this is a can bus controlled car and it needs a software update.

Edited by Altea Ego on 18/10/2009 at 20:42

Front fog light activation. - BobbyG
Valley, other than this problem what does your brother think of the Yeti so far?
Front fog light activation. - Alby Back
Abominable ?
Front fog light activation. - Altea Ego
Hes a bit cold about it.
He likes it. It's comfy, easy to drive and good on long journeys ( he does 400 miles a week for work ). His previous car was an Octavia 2.0 TDi Estate with a DSG 'box, he's getting used to a manual 'box again ;). He's averaging 40-50 mpg plus insurance was £40 cheaper. Its got good load carrying capacity and if build quality compares with the rear seats weight it'll last for ever !

Plus since he's had it he hasnt seen another one so its quite exclusive lol

Briskoda is next.

Thnx for all replies so far.
Front fog light activation. - the swiss tony
can bus equals, Completely Awful Nonsense, Breaks Usually Seriously

Edited by the swiss tony on 18/10/2009 at 22:36

I have the answer !

The fog lights coming on when reverse is selected is normal, its to warn other drivers of what you're doing.

The fog lights coming on when you're moving foward is normal too, they illuminate when you're cornering so as you turn left, the left hand foglight comes on, as does the right hand as you turn right. The dealership showed us on the demo that it was the same on all Yeti's. They could have told my brother when he collected the car, but hey-ho.

My thoughts are that the lights will dazzle other drivers coming toward you as you're reversing and the foglights coming on left and right will confuse/distract the driver in front of you as you travel along behind them.

Anyone else got this on a VW group car and is it fitted to other makes/models too ?
Front fog light activation. - harib
How bizarre! - "They all do that, sir" is actually true in this case! It seems like a very odd setup to me. I can't see how fog lights coming on when reversing is remotely useful?
Front fog light activation. - Bill Payer
Anyone else got this on a VW group car and is it fitted to other makes/models too ?

Cornering lights are increasingly common, but I've never heard of fogs that illuminate on reverse before.

The fogs on my Merc come on for a while when the car is unlocked to provide ground illumination and I got a telling off about misuse of fog lights from someone at a filling station the other day.
Front fog light activation. - cheddar
Hey, I didn't think they existed ...
Front fog light activation. - Pugugly
Had them on the Roomie - can't remember them coming on when reversing....check the manual or have a word with Briskoda
Front fog light activation. - Stuartli
The next development will be fog lights that can only be switched on if it's actually foggy.

But BMW won't be the first manufacturer to launch the feature...:-)