00 2.0 HDi won't start - drkaraokephd
Oh well, here we go again..the dreaded HDI engine....this may be a new one though after reading ALL the other posts!!
Here goes. I bought the car with the engine in bits as the head gasket had gone. Reassembled the engine and then eventually got the damn thing running.
Whomever had butchered it took things off that didn't need taking off, so starting the engine called up many fault codes.
Cleared all the fault codes using a cheap code reader (won't do codes with P1 0r P2). Tried starting the car loads of times before taking it for it's MOT. Ran the car to the garage, parked outside, waited for the test, the car wouldn't start and to this day hasn't since!!!
Checked with the fault code reader and no faults apart from the heater circuit (which I've since mended).
To ensure that faults were still being read, I disconnected the HP rail sensor and sure enough, it came up with P0190.
Still, even though I know that you shouldn't mess with the HP side, have loosened the couplings to make sure there's diesel at the injectors, and, there is!.
So, if anyone has any thoughts.....Please please please, give me a clue.
For further reference, the injectors have only done 2,000 miles and the pump in the tank is getting supply and pumping.
Thanks for any help in advance.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/10/2009 at 19:47

00 2.0 HDi won't start - andrewuwe
Could be anything. Have you tried spraycan jumpstart?
00 2.0 HDi won't start - drkaraokephd
Yes, eazystart has been tried and nor will it start from a tow either!!
Getting the feeling that it may be something to do with the immobiliser....damned if I know where it lives on this car. The forums all tend to contradict each other on immbobilizers...
00 2.0 HDi won't start - andrewuwe
Um. The spray-can by-passes the immobilizer since it goes through the air intake and not the fuel pump. So I'm at a loss. Might be worth checking the cambelt is still on OR whatever contraption they decided the Hdi needed instead of a cambelt.
Diesels were supposed to be uncomplicated/easy to maintain. It makes me mad that they still call them diesels with all this computerised crap attached! Ooops ranting.

Anyway, turn a diesel fast enough, with jumpstart/easystart going in and it'll have to go unless the engine is completely broke.