London, Victoria, diversion - bathtub tom
It was my misfortune to have to drive through London on Wednesday. I don't need to do it very often, but have got used to the congestion charging zone free route that takes you round the back of Buck house and Victoria.

I noticed the large, temporary, matrix displays warning of congestion around Victoria when I got to Grosvenor place, but by then it's too late to change your route if you want to avoid the congestion charge.

It wasn't until I got to the end of Bressenden place that I saw the first sign banning a right turn, forcing me into Victoria street and the congestion charging zone. I assumed charging would be waived because of the roadworks. My passenger directed me round the back of Westminster cathedral and onto Vauxhall bridge road.

Later that evening I looked up the TFL website www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/congestioncharging/12602....x that showed a free route. At no time did I see the diversion signs mentioned.

I thought I'd better pay the fee to avoid a penalty, but wondered if I would have been 'picked up' on that route.

What chance do you reckon of obtaining my money back from BT open reach (the perpetrators of the road works), or TFL for inadequate signage?
London, Victoria, diversion - FallingDown
You are not the only one caught up in this mess that is generating PCN's that should never have been issued. Your dispute is with TFL congestion charging. There are several large signs en route saying that you won't be charged if you follow the diversion route, and it is noted on the site. However people are being charged when the cameras should have been turned off. See
forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=258...3.
If you followed the diversion signs exactly then appeal. If you have already paid you'll have to take your chances. If you diverted from the route then you'll have to pay.