That'll be the Day-ooh (er) - M.M
Parts for these have been a bit of a pig for the past year or more. Even the local Halfords Superstore dealership had their parts counter removed. Now the only option to save a 60 mile round trip to the nearest official dealer parts counter in Leics is to phone the order to them and have the parts delivered to the local Halfords showroom on a Tues or Fri. An absolute nightmare for the Motor Enginer used to leaning over the dealer counter in town and getting the right parts there and then.

But it got a lot worse this week. Not only was I horrified at the cost of £175 for a timing belt plus tensioner and guide roller for a 1500cc Nexia but when trying to organise the parts delivery for this Fri find the sales area within Halfords had shut up shop without warning a day or so ago. Their notice on the closed door said something about Daewoo UK being in receivership.

Told the customer and sensibly he said sling it back together, I'll buy a new Honda Jazz this weekend. Wise move.

What price used Daewoos next week??

MM
That'll be the Day-ooh (er) - Tom Shaw
An item on the radio said that Daewoo were going into administration, which I believe is a posh word for bust. Their problems were caused by horrendous depreciation and an uninspiring model range. Very rare to see anyone under sixty driving one.
That'll be the Day-ooh (er) - M.M
Tom,

Well you're spot on with the owner profile. Neat cardboard box of sensible emergency gear in the boot topped off by a tartan rug. No doubt that lot will be tucked away in the back of a Honda Jazz very soon. Wonder what the Honda dealer will say to the Nexia as a PX?

MM
That'll be the Day-ooh (er) - J Bonington Jagworth
Quite right. More on this at www.accountingweb.co.uk/item/92641/448

The statement "E&Y [the receivers] state that redundancies are expected and that the move may result in some disruption for Daewoo customers in the short term" sounds a bit optimistic to me! How much now for a s/h Matiz, I wonder..?