04 2.2 engine swap, whats coded and whats not? - track
Im swapping the engine in a 54 Accord 2.2 i-CDTi , the donor engine is from a low mileage 56 plate. the old engine has spun a shell and the crank is 25 thou out before anyone asks and has covered over 140k. I am getting the donor engine complete with injectors and turbo etc still attached, does anyone know if any of this is coded to the ECU and will require programming in etc? The injectors dont look too dissimilar to later renault dci types which I know have to be coded in hence the reason for checking.
Thanks.

PS all tips welcome, although the old unit is ready to lift now.
04 2.2 engine swap, whats coded and whats not? - DP
I would have thought as a bare minimum the ECU will need to be coded to the "new" pump and injectors. This seems to be pretty standard on most diesels made in the last 10 years or so. Of course, you could always swap these parts over from the old engine....

04 2.2 engine swap, whats coded and whats not? - cheddar
Better to use the newer ECU perhaps?
04 2.2 engine swap, whats coded and whats not? - madf
I suspect the ECU controls the locking system and the alarm and changing that lot could be even more expense?
Any idea what is involved with the coding? Is it like the later mondeo tdci whereby you just insert the injectors code's into the firing order?
The engine is now in, havent tried turning the key as the battery is flat and Im missing the bottom engine mount. (bought it like this)
04 2.2 engine swap, whats coded and whats not? - elekie&a/c doctor
Would it be possible to use the original injectors,in the original firing order?I would think this could allow the engine to run.Common rail diesel pumps are not a coded item and the engine Ecu is coded to the immobiliser/key system.hth
The original injectors are pretty much seized into the old engine as is often the case now. I could remove them with a bit of brute force etc but dont want to risk damage to either engine. Not if its just a case of plug in, type in a few codes like the fords use and off it goes. I am still on old ecu etc, I was never going to open that can of worms!! I have a bosch KTS unit getting dropped round on wedensday, hopefully I will get it sorted and post back with findings for future searches.
for future searches, nothing needed coding at all. Simply switch the ignition on and off 3 times at 30 second intervals to clear any faults and then crank away. Worked here and it started straight away.