Should I buy an automatic diesel? - dieseldogg
Reason for Ceed rather than I30 is we have a Kia dealer in the nearest town
Hyaundai is 30 mile away.
Other possible contender in the Citroen Nemo sensodrive?
cheers
Ps
The missis needs an automatic
I want a diesel
(being a farmers son)
Should I buy an automatic diesel? - 1066
after test driving the kia and the hyundai i would get the hyundai and go the 30 miles more.
the i30 feels a lot better put together and the kia felt like an old lada riva.
the deisel auto in the i30 was a massive surprise and a rweal joy to drive
Should I buy an automatic diesel? - dieseldogg
Thanks 1066
I forgot to mention that I dislike the attitude of the Senior/only salesperson at the Hyaundai dealer, he could not see why I would not simply sign up after a very brief test drive in the I20.
Which car though it drove well ( 90 bhp diesel?) I judged, on reflection, to be too small in the boot / hatch for our needs.
cheers
M

Edited by dieseldogg on 22/09/2009 at 10:21

Should I buy an automatic diesel? - ifithelps
The thread title mentions Cee'd ll, which doesn't go on sale until next month.

According to the ever helpful car-by-car guide (link to the right of this post), final specs will not be released until then.

It might not be that different to drive, but it remains to be seen which combinations of engine and transmission will be offered.

Should I buy an automatic diesel? - colinh
A well-known car magazine web-site currently has a "first drive" report of the new 1.6 diesel and reports favourably on it.

I've been driving a 2.0l petrol automatic cee'd (non-UK market) for the past year and have no major criticisms, apart from the firmish ride on less-than-average roads. It is reported that this has been improved with the mark 2. Other than that, the car was delivered with no faults, and none have arisen; expenses - one litre of top-up oil; service cost -about the local average. Average mpg over the year - 37.5 - which is better than the quoted combined figure for the 2.0l auto.
Should I buy an automatic diesel? - 1066
the i30 i drove had the 113hp 1.6d engine in and was very spritely.
the only reason i didnt buy it was i wasnt prepared to wait 12weeks+ for a normal family hatchback.
the first i30 dealer i went to was dreadful so i went to one a bit further away and he gave me the keys and said comeback when you want and dont woory about putting any fuel in so i kept it for a few hrs and it was very nice to drive and in premium spec the leather was good quality.
Should I buy an automatic diesel? - gordonbennet
Only my opinion DD, but i'd have a manual in preference to a sensodrive/automated manual and i hate manual boxes with modern narrow torque band engines.
Automated manuals i find unpleasant, frustrating, sluggish and rough....did i mention i don't like them at all, i've driven enough to be sitting on the fence on that one..;)

I'm looking forward to having a nose round the facelift Ceed, my sons best mate/man has 2 of the present model, a petrol hatch and a Diesel estate, neither of them auto, but both trouble free and capable cars, good reports all round so far.
I've delivered a good number of them and they seem very well put together underneath and as good as anything mass market inside.