Locking bike carriers to roof bars - wyn morgan
I have Mont Blanc Roof Bars and Barracuda carriers. I am worried about leaving the carriers on the roof when we go for a cycle. The carriers are secured firmly to the roof bars but they are not locked. It is not difficult to remove them and make off with them. Does anyone know if I can purchase locks to get over this concern
Locking bike carriers to roof bars - Brian Tryzers
Don't know the Mont Blanc range but I'd be surprised if locks weren't available. They came with the Thule carriers I use. Have you looked at the manufacturer's website, or asked the dealer you bought the carriers from?
I have emailed the manufacturer. I don't think they do them but let's hope I'm wrong. I was tempted to get the Thule as they do have locks but as we need fittings for 2 cars Thule proved very expensive.
Locking bike carriers to roof bars - Alby Back
Hello Wyn - I've just checked the make of mine and they seem to be Mont Blancs too. Mine don't lock but perhaps naively, I've never given it a thought. Maybe I should but no one has ever tried to nick them as far as I know !

Anyway, having thought about it, I guess you could just use a bicycle padlock and chain to secure the racks to the roofbars if you feel uneasy about leaving the car unattended with the racks on. We go to a mountain bike facility quite near Liverpool most weekends and even the Scallys have never tried to rob my racks so I reckon they'll be OK if you use them in more.......well.......or maybe that should be less, um.....oh 'eck.....you know what I mean....places !

( Sorry Scouseford if you read this, only kidding, well, sort of......)

;-)
Thanks Humph. I have had discussions directly with Mont Blanc technical team. They have shown me how to 'lock' the barracuda to the bars. It doesn't actually lock them but if you haven't got one yourself you wouldn't know - if you know what I mean!
Locking bike carriers to roof bars - Alby Back
Aw now that's not fair !! I'm going to have to go outside, find a torch, mess about with my bars, get frustrated......drop the torch........

:-(