94 2.3 Failed MOT - Headlamp has no beam pattern - blacklabel
Hi everyone - My SAAB 9000 Aero just failed it's MOT as the nearside headlamp apparently had no beam pattern. I went to the scrapyard and bought a replacement but on returning it for a retest they said this one has no beam pattern either! Does anyone know if there could any cause for this other than the headlamp assembly itself? It seems unlikely that two units in a row would have the same failure. I have no idea what to do next and can't afford a brand new headlamp assembly. Thanks very much in advance for any advice/replies.
94 2.3 Failed MOT - Headlamp has no beam pattern - jc2
Bulb???
Hi - bulbs have been switched - makes no difference
94 2.3 Failed MOT - Headlamp has no beam pattern - Armitage Shanks {p}
What's changed or been changed since last year, when it passed an MOT, presumably? Ask a SSAB dealer for advice and/or google for the SAAB owners Forum - full of knowledgable owners.

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 04/09/2009 at 19:15

94 2.3 Failed MOT - Headlamp has no beam pattern - Simon
If it isn't the bulbs and you have bought another headlamp from a scrapyard, then it can only be that you have two duff nearside headlamps.
Thanks Simon - yeah I was thinking the same but just find it unlikely that I would be so unlucky as to get a second duff unit when it's apparently not usual for them to fail. (:-(
94 2.3 Failed MOT - Headlamp has no beam pattern - Simon
For them to fail on beam pattern then there must be something half obvious wrong with the lamp. Has the lens distorted or has it lost its silver reflective backing inside? Is there something wrong with the holder where the bulb sits?
94 2.3 Failed MOT - Headlamp has no beam pattern - Armitage Shanks {p}
www.saabscene.com/forum/
94 2.3 Failed MOT - Headlamp has no beam pattern - bell boy
i would still buy an OSRAM bulb (3 years guarantee) and fit it and try
if not i can only assume you have two off road use headlights from a supplier that sells such tat without e markings (yes i know who but naming and shaming is not allowed )