99 1.9t water in passenger footwell - 47rugby

I have recently had the plastic facia around the wiper arms replaced and found the front passenger footwell gets wet with water - this runs down from behind and underneath plastic facia to glovebox near the central housing for the gear selector.
Could this be from heater matrix? - have already tried checking hole underneath battery - this is clear and water runs out through to floor. Also have checked that pollen filtre water trap is clear. Heater still appears to be working ok both in hot temp and cool modes. The most recent water appeared on Tuesday which was a pleasant dry day.
I have kept a check on the footwell and after a run, when I see a trickle of water I have tried to reach up behind the facia and can feel what appears to be a pipe with a foam surround which seems to go through the bulkhead. Not sure if water is dripping down on to this pipe from above? Any helpful ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated.
Derek
99 1.9t water in passenger footwell - Pugugly
Done a taste test ? Coolant will have a sweet taste.
99 1.9tdi water in passenger footwell - 47rugby
have not tried this but could next time i see water - i am apprehensive about tasting fluids not known to me!
Coolant is fine and as heater is appears to be working ok I am not sure what else to check??
Any other suggestions
99 1.9tdi water in passenger footwell - elekie&a/c doctor
If it is clear water then it could be condensate from the a/c pipes and/or a/c evaporator drain tube.hth
99 1.9t water in passenger footwell - datostar
Done a taste test ? Coolant will have a sweet taste.

But ethylene glycol is surely poisonous and some brands have a bittering agent added to stop people (and animals) enjoying the flavour.
99 1.9t water in passenger footwell - Dynamic Dave
But ethylene glycol is surely poisonous

Sure is. tinyurl.com/yrkswr

99 1.9t water in passenger footwell - longsuffering
He we have a 2000 1.8 petrol which has done this to us twice now. The fix seems to be to clear accumulated crap from around the battery bay and the back of the engine compartment around the wipers - there is a drain or drains here that can get blocked, after which water finds its way into the rear passenger footwells. We've had a couple of inches at times.

Hope this helps