06 3.0 diesel engine dead - ETC engine throttle? - xxm
I've just taken ownership of a high miler 300C with the 3.0 diesel (is this a mercedes diesel?).

unfortunately it has suddenly died on me. I now get a warning symbol 'Electronic Throttle Control' fault. And i cannot restart the engine.

After a few phone calls i understand this to be a common fault but does anybody here know the fix to get it started again? either short term or long term.

06 3.0 diesel engine dead - ETC engine throttle? - rtj70
is this a mercedes diesel

Yes.
06 3.0 diesel engine dead - ETC engine throttle? - MerlinTec
Hi
Check down the passenger side of the inner wing you will see the air con pipes, a wire harness runs next to it check the wire harness hasn't rubbed on the pipe shorting out one of the wires. Then check your fuses. other then that best guess without a fault code would be crank sensors and there is a TSB to check the build date of the sensor and replace it.
I take it this is a 300c?
06 3.0 diesel engine dead - ETC engine throttle? - xxm
thanks guys. Yes the car is a 300c tourer, reg 2006. How can i find the build date for the car?

the car was running - being driven even - and suddenly died. Now it will not start again. From phone calls to garages they seem to have heard of it quite frequently but never heard of it stopping the engine completely.

The fault codes from the RAC man were
P0243 (CM$7E8) turbo waste gate solenoid
P0087 fuel rail pressure too low

The grages talked of a swirlpool actuator???
Hi
The garage was talking about P1270 fault code swirl motor and is the most common fault with oil leaking onto it from the turbo intake and burning out the motor.
Yours is clearly not that, as the garage has said it doesn't make it stop. However low rail pressure DTC will.
Have you check the wiring as I said about?
06 3.0 diesel engine dead - ETC engine throttle? - K55nyy

Hi can you tell me what that wiring loom is for on the inner wing passenger side as mine has been shaped in half showing 3 wires..car had many issues now including electronic throttle etc..

06 3.0 diesel engine dead - ETC engine throttle? - K55nyy

What is that wiring loom for on the inner wing?