04 1.2 New front tyres - car 'feels different' - Halmer
My wife's had two new front tyres fitted to get it through the MOT.

I've driven it since and it just feels strange. Nothing in partic; steering doesn't return to the centre for example, when you go around a bend or turn at a junction.

Am I just imagining it or could there be something wrong like the wrong tyres fitted. There's no judder or shaking at speed.

Tyres are Kleber Dynaxer 165/70. Never heard of them before now.
04 1.2 New front tyres - car 'feels different' - gordonbennet
You've got to allow at least 200 miles for the tyres to bed in and wear off the releasing agent, so they won't have their correct grip till then.

Kleber are well respected and have been around for many years.

Obviously check the pressures yourself with your own trusted guage, and are they directional and facing the right way, if you're still not happy maybe swap them to the back to see if the feeling changes.

As an aside the official advice today (though it may change tomorrow) is to fit new tyres to the rear...not as agree with that on a FWD car..;)
Thanks GB.

Checked pressures today and they're fine.

Will see if it improves over the next week or so.

H
04 1.2 New front tyres - car 'feels different' - bathtub tom
>>My wife's had two new front tyres fitted to get it through the MOT.

If it needed new tyres to pass it's MOT, then I expect it would feel 'different'.
04 1.2 New front tyres - car 'feels different' - Another John H
I'd expect the self-centering to be unaffected, and any tyre coatings would surely only make the contact less grippy..

Are you sure the "city" steering button hasn't been pressed?
Yes I'm sure. It only works up to mph anyway.

thanks
Soz; number lock off!

Should have read 25 mph.
04 1.2 New front tyres - car 'feels different' - Peter.N.
If I remember correctly, Kleber's are made by Michelin.

Edited by Peter.N. on 17/08/2009 at 19:47

04 1.2 New front tyres - car 'feels different' - Another John H
Hmm.

I wonder if they've jacked it up badly and bent something important?

I had front tyres replaced on my 55 1.2 Punto last year (oddly enough by a good FIAT garage) and I don't recall anything odd, once I turned off the City button, apart from a tendency for the back to overtake the front during the slippery conditions last winter...

It still goes where it is pointed, and self centring does bring it back to straight ahead.
yes they are Mich.
04 1.2 New front tyres - car 'feels different' - Talking Hoarse
The Kleber Dynaxer HP2's are decent tyres. Kleber is a very well known make of old and a subsiduary in some way of Michelin. I have chosen them for both my cars (ie over Michelins from Costco), they are reasonably priced (at ATS at least), they hang on & wear well, are quiet, stay in balance and wet grip is very good. Oh and I think I recall that dealers fix punctures on them for free.
Suggest that if the problem is not better in a few miles, try swap of tyres front to rear or take the car back in case there is something bent or amiss.