Milly Dowler Car Search. - Toad, of Toad Hall.
It seems likely that some Backroomers might have information regarding the distorted picture the police have of a car that may be important in the search for the killer of Milly.

The old thread was getting a bit large so I'm starting a new one here.

More info can be found here:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/index.htm?news_id=834

Previous discussion is here:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=75...8

(Posted on behalf of "Helplessfemale")
Milly Dowler Car Search. - CM
It seems likely that some Backroomers might have information regarding the
distorted picture the police have of a car that may be
important in the search for the killer of Milly.
The old thread was getting a bit large so I'm starting
a new one here.
More info can be found here:
www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/index.htm?news_id=834
Previous discussion is here:
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=75...8
(Posted on behalf of "Helplessfemale")

You forgot to add your signature on this one.

Toad, Back Room Moderator
Milly Dowler Car Search. - HF
Toad - thanks.
Milly Dowler Car Search. - hispecgolfs
I have just noticed that the position of the round fog lights under the headlights are towards the edge of the bumper on the Laguna. On the mystery car they seem to be further towrds the middle.

Regards

Andrew
If any new visitor to this site, or of course any regular visitor, can shed any more light at all as to the identity of this car, then your postings would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Milly Dowler Car Search. - DavidHM
I think it might be a Mazda MX6. I posted this point on an MX6 related forum and although some people were sceptical, I think most people agreed with me.
HJ, or anyone else I suppose,

is it ok for me to try to keep this thread current, or would you prefer that I leave it be. HJ, or anyone else involved more closely than I am in this situation, I will respect your wishes.

Thank you.
New clues in murdered Milly case - CMark {P}
Just read this on Yahoo:

uk.news.yahoo.com/021015/80/dbv3e.html

editied version below:

LONDON (Reuters) -
Surrey police said on Tuesday that a local man had seen two men and a schoolgirl in a field next to Yately Heath woods on the evening of March 21.

"He says that the girl was wearing a dark blazer and grey skirt or dress, one of the men was immediately behind her and the other was about six feet away," said a police statement.

Close to the field was a white van and a dark saloon car.

Last month, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation managed to remove sun glare from pictures taken by a CCTV camera at the station showing a figure, thought to be Milly, talking to the driver of a dark saloon car.

"The timing and location of this witness's account means that it could be very significant indeed," said Detective Chief Superintendent Craig Denholm of Surrey Police.

He appealed for any other possible witnesses to come forward.

END QUOTE

CMark
New clues in murdered Milly case - Toad, of Toad Hall.
Hmmmmmmm.

Why has he only just come forward.

if he thought it was significant he'd have said something yonks ago. If he didn't how can he remember.

I smell a rat.
New clues in murdered Milly case - CMark {P}
Hi Toad o'TH,
I don't think it actually says that the possible witness has only just come forward (in this Reuters bulletin anyway.) What it says is that Surrey Police have only just announced it.

SP possibly didn't release it at the time of her going missing because this potential sighting is 25 miles away from the place where she was last seen.

However, it has been a while now since her body was found so there is a timing issue.

CMark
New clues in murdered Milly case - Toad, of Toad Hall.
Well spotted CMark!

They must have had a million calls to sift through. Could well have been a call from shortly after.

Will have to find something else to be cynical about!
New clues in murdered Milly case - HF
I heard on the news that the witness came forward 'over a week ago', and that, at the time, he had not thought his sighting significant because it was a way away from Milly's disappearance. Apparently he only made the connection after her body was found nearby.
Milly Dowler Car Search. - Dan J
I have been unable to ascertain the car's identity but if you right click each image and save to your hard disk, then reload into some graphic/photo software (I used Photoshop 6.0/ImageReady 3.0), ensure 'Contrain Proportions' is not checked and resize the photo to 800x500.

You will then note that the Rover 200 in the picture appears in the correct proportions, suggesting that the mystery blue car is also more accurately portrayed.