02 2.0 Control for computer not working - jimfrog
I've a 02 C5 2.0ltr Diesel Estate. I've read the manual and the button at the end of the stalk used for wipers, according to the manual, cycles the functions of the comptuter (average speed, overspeed, average mpg, instant mpg etc), for a few months it was temperature, then it shifted to average mpg, a few weeks later it was instant mpg then it stuck on OVERSPEED OFF for weeks which would not go away. Pressing the button to cycle these functions does nothing, i've taken it off the stalk, there's nothing wrong with it. I've reset the machine by disconnecting the battery so it just reads time, date, cd track and temperature but how can I get this fixed so the computer does what it's told to when I press the button.

I'm assuming that something every few weeks (poss a knock on the sterring column) is hitting some switch internally that's supposed to be linked to the button but it's just not working the way it's supposed to.

Please help, it took me weeks to read the instructions (not weeks to actually read it, weeks to admit I need to, i'm a guy, we don't need instruction manuals, most of the time).
02 2.0 Control for computer not working - glowplug
The small electrical contact on the switch has broken off due to metal fatigue. It should be possible to strip the switch and repair it, I had to on mine.

Steve.
02 2.0 Control for computer not working - c5toc3
The small electrical contact on the switch has broken off due to metal fatigue. It should be possible to strip the switch and repair it, I had to on mine. Steve.

I have the same problem, could you explain how to remove switch/push button from the stalk. thankyou

02 2.0 Control for computer not working - glowplug

It's a long time since I did this but you start off by prising the 'button' out of the end of the stalk using something small like a jewellers screwdriver.

Steve.