99 2.5 parked up overnight and wont start now - MichaelB
I have a vauxhall vectra 2.5 v6 SRI. On driving home yesterday i noticed the EM light come on the dashboard. It stayed on for approximately 60 seconds during which the car felt lumpy and unresponsive. This cleared up, the light went off and the car drove home just fine . I then parked it up and went to bed (night shift worker). I got into the car to drive to work approximately 14 hours later and the car won't start. It just turns over and nothing else happens.
The EM light comes on and stays on during this time, as it normally did. and everything else appears normal.
I have tried the paperclip trick to read the error codes...but obviously i cant do this with the engine running as it wont start...
I get the following results...

10 3 3 0 which i assume is 0 3 3 0 (knock sensor 2 ??)

and when i try and start the car it changes to ...

10 3 3 5 which i assume is 0 3 3 5 (crank sensor ??)

any ideas. The car has been flawless up until now and has never let me down.
99 2.5 parked up overnight and wont start now - topbloke
renown for crank sensor faults on the v6 suggest thats your first stop however they are a tad exspensive just to throw one at it, i suggest a quick code read/live data check to see if rpm is present durring cranking, Regards TB
99 2.5 parked up overnight and wont start now - MichaelB
Thanks for your help topbloke.
Had a tech come and plug me in earlier. He found the same 2 errors as i previously did. Cleared them off and then tried to crank the engine over and came up with something like
"no rpm signal" or words to that effect.

guess that means i'm replacing the crank sensor.

Just one more thing to ask, if yourself or someone else could be so kind as to help me with...where about on the car is the thing located? the tech who came didnt know for sure as he had never worked on a V6 2.5 before.

Thanks for all your help
99 2.5 parked up overnight and wont start now - elekie&a/c doctor
I think you will find it next to the oil filter.hth
99 2.5 parked up overnight and wont start now - topbloke
finding it is the easy bit, next to the oil filter at the front of the engine close to where the gearbox joins the engine, they are not to bad to do on the vectra you want to try a omega absolute pig to change, Regards TB