Driving in Europe headlamp dip adjustment - KenC
later this year I am driving to France.
Please can anyone tell me anythging about either
a ) adjusting the headlamp for european driving
b) how to block the left facing dip beam so as not to dazzle in France.

I have noticed that the headlamp lense is complety smooth with no segments
or areas which could be used as a reference point for b) above.

I thank you all
Driving in Europe headlamp dip adjustment - Bilboman
1. Try Beam Benders - the packet should list all cars for which they work. There may be a risk of melting onto the glass/perspex surface, in which case (uh-oh; extra cost!) a set of headlamp protectors fitted over the lenses first can then have the sticky masks stuck onto them. Headlamp protectors are always a good idea when going abroad, anyway, as if you do need a new headlamp unit RHD ones are not easy to come by! Likewise a spare clutch cable!!
2. Try official VW dealer. Under I can't remember which EU directive, all vehicle manufacturers are legally obliged to supply the necessary reflectors, masks, shields, whatever to enable a motorist going abroad to adapt the car's headlamp beam to the correct side.
Bon voyage and don't forget the reflective jacket too!
Driving in Europe headlamp dip adjustment - Armitage Shanks {p}
Not a good idea to put anything sticky on Xenon lights, I believe. To find out where to mask my Pug lights I had to buy a set of protectors, no great pain or expense, and they came complete with 2 black plastic stickers plus small black corner markers etched onto the surface to show where to attach them to the protectors