Silver or Grey - Mebo
I have often thought that it is just marketing ploy to sell cars as having the colour "silver" and not "grey".

When I look at a silver ring for example it looks nothing like the colour of a silver car. I have looked at different types of silverware and cars but I just can't see any silver car colours that match any silverware.

But I suppose advertising boring old grey cars doesn't have the same cache as silver. Perhaps I am colour blind.
Silver or Grey - TheOilBurner
It seems that Grey is the new Silver too, judging by the colours of the many Insignias I've seen recently. It's seems to be everywhere.

I wonder what they call it, "midnight silver" maybe?
Silver or Grey - Chris S
The Delorean was silver - it looked the same colour as a stainless steel sink unit.

'Metallic grey' is much better.
Silver or Grey - Old Navy
Grey is battleship colour, my silver car is nothing like that. I prefer submarine colour, (matt black) but not on a car. :-)
Silver or Grey - LikedDrivingOnce
Where on earth does this sudden fancy for grey cars come from? I hate the colour!
So depressing, especially on a dim, overcast day.
Every other BMW or Audi seems to be grey these days.

I like certain colours for cars, like a Silver Mercedes, Red Ferrari, Blue Subaru, Green Aston, Orange Focus ST.
Silver or Grey - perro
Silver Mercedes, Red Ferrari, Blue Subaru, Green Aston, Orange Focus ST, Pink Cadillac
Silver or Grey - Lou_O
Gunmetal.
Silver or Grey - LikedDrivingOnce
Silver Mercedes Red Ferrari Blue Subaru Green Aston Orange Focus ST Pink Cadillac

Nice one! Laughed out loud at that.
Silver or Grey - RickyBoy
"Where on earth does this sudden fancy for grey cars come from? I hate the colour!"

Agreed. The Limited Edition Octavia vRSs look truly awful, a down-market look also compounded by the addition of those fancy-dan alloys!

I've still yet to see one on the road (Hatch or Estate). Did they ever manage to sell any (of the 1,000 ? 500 x Hatch, 500 x Estate) I wonder?
Silver or Grey - DP
Try buying a used mkIV Golf in a metallic colour that isn't Reflex Silver. What did the salesmen do, stick guns to people's heads? It's a nice colour, but even so.