13K Mileage - Woody37
I have been looking at s/hand C'eeds and there is quite a good selection around in the £6.5 - £8K range. Some say the i30 is a better car, but I think the C;eed looks much classier.

A recurring theme though is approx 13,000 miles on the clock.

Why would that be?

Woody
13K Mileage - gmac
Ex rental stock.
Most hire cars have a "This vehicle must not exceed X mileage sticker", usually in the 12 to 15k mile range.
13K Mileage - Woody37
Ex-rental eh? I thought so.

Does that scream "avoid"?

Woody
13K Mileage - gmac
You need to see the V5 to confirm and check with KIA they are happy the car is covered by their 7 year warranty.

Some people will shout run a mile, I have bought one ex rental car at 6 months and 6k miles. Only problem I had was manufacturer would not entertain anti-corrosion claim when the front wing started bubbling up from under the paint at thirteen months old. The car had not been in an accident.

Edited by gmac on 01/07/2009 at 18:02

13K Mileage - ifithelps
If they are decent spec, a Cee'd for 7k-ish is half price.

Assess the car and the dealer - if both look and feel right, you shouldn't have too many problems.
13K Mileage - ukbeefy
Also I have seen C'eeds on the fleets of car share schemes .ie the ones where u can drive a car for 5 an hour. and its parked in the street. Imagine they must turnover quite fast too.
13K Mileage - loskie
january 2008 I picked up a Ceed diesel for a weeks car hire(Europcar) at Stanstead. Covered 1000 miles around Norfolk in the week a good little car. My heart sank when they issued me with the car at the rental desk but soon I came to like it to the point of considering one as my own car.
13K Mileage - Citroënian {P}
We were lucky enough to have one from Kia for a year for free; really good car.

Ours went back at 13k - its first service was due that we'd have to pay for, which didn't make sense as out limit was 15k - 2,500 miles for a dealer service didn't work for us.

That was a 1.6 petrol LS with that service interval

I'd happily have another

13K Mileage - carl_a
New Ceed is due later this year, updated interior and slight facelift at the front. Should be getting some new engines including the stop and start with weight saving gearbox.

Nearly new Ceeds are more expensive than i30s when comparing spec, the i30 has better interior the Ceed exterior, both are good.
13K Mileage - bintang
i30 has more kit although some is mysterious - has anyone ever needed to use a boot release INSIDE the boot (or "luggage room", as the handbook describes it)?
13K Mileage - loskie
Maybe for those occassions when the dead body in your boot isn't as dead as you thought.
Health and safety gone mad IMHO.

Edited by loskie on 02/07/2009 at 12:53

13K Mileage - daveyjp
I've just passed a 58 reg diesel estate looking very sorry for itself. Bonnet up with a big pool of oil on the road. I though it was water at first, but the liquid wasn't running down the hill the car was parked on.
13K Mileage - TheOilBurner
has anyone ever needed to use
a boot release INSIDE the boot (or "luggage room" as the handbook describes it)?

This is for the benefit of the USA (presumably) where it is law. Apparently it is to help poor souls being kidnapped escape from their captors.

Obviously in the USA, kidnappers always put their victims in the "luggage room" and forget to bind their hands too..
13K Mileage - barneybear
Rental vehicle. As with all cars good check, service record etc. My BIL is on his 3rd Punto as ex-rental. None have been an issue ever, and never any worries with dealer.
Kia C'eed Which One? - Woody37
I drtove a 1.4 Petrol today. A real quality feel, great driving position, nice steering, but the engine felt gutless.

Biggest issue was coming off urban roundabouts in 3rd gear, foot down and nothing happens. That said, the car had 20 miles on thne clock.

Will the engine losen up, or do I need to spend more for a stonky disel?
Kia C'eed Which One? - andyp
My 1.4 has covered just over 3000 miles and is starting to feel totally different now it has started to loosen up. But at the end of the day this is a 16V twin cam VVT engine that thrives on revs and it will never be a low speed slogger like a diesel is. It all comes down to personal preference i suppose.

Great car though !
13K Mileage - Avant
Go for a 1.6 every time. It won't have to work as hard to make good progress, so it will use little if any extra petrol.

A friend has a Ceed diesel which he got new for the same price as a petrol - there was a special offer - and is very pleased with it. This is also worth thinking about secondhand if not too much extra to buy.
13K Mileage - ifithelps
The Cee'd 1.6 diesel is a good engine, refined, powerful and reasonably economical.
13K Mileage - carl_a
A friend has a Ceed diesel which he got new for the same price as
a petrol

I wish people wouldn't fall for this marketing hype. It wasn't the same price as the Petrol, they do special editions for the petrol only which just happen to be the same spec but thousands cheaper.