Help me settle an argument please - THe Growler
Ford have introduced where I live a new small SUV called the Escape. It resembles a Honda CR-V so closely you have to scrutinise it with an intense scrute to notice the difference, but on closer inspection it looks a bit less opulent than the Honda. Has this, or some variant of it name-wise appeared in the EU? Looking through the Car-by-Car breakdown I thought it might be the Maverick but it seems too small for that.

It is very keenly priced vis a vis the Honda which has been a huge success here particularly with women, but it seems Ford is a bit late with their response.

Thanks in advance. I have a bottle of medicinal tincture at stake.

Incidentally I see the Laser Lynx gets classed as very pretty. Growlette recently got one in silver and is thrilled. Thanks HJ.

Change is inevitable -- progress is optional.
Help me settle an argument please - Harmattan
Don't know if this is going to get you that throat ointment or not. The Ford Escape/Ford Maverick/Mazda Tribute are mechanically identical or at least built on the same platform with some of the engine and other options being the same. Actual length seems to vary slightly, presumably because of different bumper appendages, but they are all essentially the same vehicle. Tributes were being advertised in Coventry recently with a couple of thousand off list for pre-reg models so I guess they don't sell particularly well in the UK.

David
Help me settle an argument please - The Watcher
Not that Im aware of. Ford owns part of Mazda but not Honda as far as Im aware. Don't know if they have a joint venture going either.