04 1.8 Air con only runs warm. - ck
We bought our 54 plate 1.8 zetec 12 months ago and it was only recently we took a long motorway drive in the heat with our 2 small children and when we turned the A/C on we was only getting warm air.When we arrived at our destination,we called into a place that said they will charge us an arm and a leg to have a look and run tests which we declined because of the cost. Since then i have done some research and a couple of people on here suggested changing the shims in the A/C motor. I went out and bought the shims and began to follow the advice people had given which was to take off drivers wheel,remove lower plastic splash guard and the pulley in front of you will have a disc on the front which you can turn by hand freely so you need to wedge a screwdriver into it so as you can undo the nut and remove the disc to get to the shims. Well thats where my problem starts because when i removed the plastic splash guaurd neither of the 2 pulleys that faced me was the one people mentioned,instead the pulley with the freely spinning disc was right over to the right hand side and virtually impossible to get at to stop the disc from turning without trying to undo the nut aswell.
Have i got the right pulley as i'm sure i have and if so how do you wedge something in it without buckling it to undo the nut??
04 1.8 Air con only runs warm. - datostar
Usual cause of no cold air is loss of refrigerant and if a 5 year old car has never been regassed it probably needs doing. Are you quite sure that's not the problem?
04 1.8 Air con only runs warm. - elekie&a/c doctor
I think you are jumping in at the deep end here.The system needs to be pressure tested before any repairs are undertaken.Take it to a competant a/c indy that won't charge a fortune for a basic inspection.hth
04 1.8 Air con only runs warm. - Robin the Technician
Drive it down to Quick-Fit and get them to re-gas it. They did my Son's Mazda and now when he switches the A/C on the penguins living under the seats come to life!!!
They do a good job for the price.

Hope this helps

04 1.8 Air con only runs warm. - Victorbox
Drive it down to Quick-Fit and get them to re-gas it. They did my Son's
Mazda and now when he switches the A/C on the penguins living under the seats
come to life!!!
They do a good job for the price.

... and I think they guarantee no success then no payment. They of course test first to see if system can be re-gassed.