door locks - daven65
hi ,have had my i30 for a year and have been pleased with its performance, untill the wife while sitting in the car was locked in accidently by yours truly .[must have pressed the remote ] she could not open the doors from inside and was getting to panic a bit when i returned from the shop . i wrote to hyundia and they claimed the car was meant to be like that to prevent people from breaking a window and opening the door from inside.i am now considering buying a remote without the key to keep inside the car as the wife is reluctant to go out by herself. any other make of car like this ? ithink the new panda has a switch inside in case this happens.
door locks - redviper
Yes

My Cavalier, Astra, and Vectra have a deadlock system

Press once on the remote, and the doors lock however then can be opened from the inside by pulling up the leaver

Press again, within a certain time period ie 30 seconds and the mechanical deadlock operates meaning the leavers cannot be pulled up

The only way to overide this is to disconnect the battery

Not sure about the Vectra, but the Astra, and the Cav would not let you overide it, in anyother way.

Edited by redviper on 16/06/2009 at 22:36

door locks - Pugugly
VW Passat MK1 first had this feature IIRC - in the intervening years most makers made their locks work in the same way.
door locks - rtj70
Some cars require one press of the remote fob to lock and another to deadlock. Others deadlock on the first press and the second press undoes the deadlock.

So my previous cars..... the Passat deadlocked on one keypress and the Mondeo and Mazda6 require two key pressses.
door locks - madux
Reminds me of when I bought a Lada. I phoned my insurance company to give them the details. 'Does it have any security features?' 'Yes' I replied..........'It has locks on the doors'
door locks - Dynamic Dave
'Does it have any security features?'

And there was me thinking it was the badge on the boot ;o)
door locks - ifithelps
... 'Yes' I replied..........'It has locks on the doors'...

A car auctioneer once described a Lada as having 'see through windows and all black tyres', presumably in the absence of anything else positive to say about it.

door locks - daven65
security ,doors boot bonnet alarmed and engine immobilizer and if you are fit drop the back seat down and release boot door and crawl out , seeing the wife is in here 60 s its a no go cheers.