Lost radio traffic announcements - bintang
I have stopped getting traffic anouncements on FM on my car radio with the service switched on. Formerly, there were frequent sound drop-outs even when there were no announcements and this is still the case (unless I switch the service off). Can anyone suggest why this trrouble has suddenly appeared please?

Edited by Pugugly on 12/06/2009 at 19:52

Traffic Announcements - Falkirk Bairn
Get the radio manual out - you will have switched off the TP
Traffic Announcements - artful dodger {P}
Some of the local BBC radio stations have had a change to the digital signal to stop interference from other local BBC stations. This happened to Radio Kent a couple of months ago. The procedure to correct is simply to retune and save the station again.

Hope this helps.

--
Roger
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Traffic Announcements - bintang
Falkirk Bairn - I have chedcked everything, the manual and the switches. Artful Dodger - no results, no matter where I am.
Traffic Announcements - SlidingPillar
If the local station/area is BBC Three Counties, it is not linked to the traffic system, so won't interrupt BBC national FM stations. All other local radio stations do, and at work (where I'm not until Monday) I can check the computer log for RDS activites.

Fair to suggest drivetime is a busy period for this, so if this does not answer, if 'bintang' wants to, can a Mod give him my email address? I will want to know which stations are suspect and the home postcode (so I can trace the transmitter/s).

Please note, I can't do it for everyone as although the checks are simple enough, they are time consuming and I will need some time to eat my lunch!
Traffic Announcements - bintang
May thanks but it happens (or rather doesn't) on all FM stations whereas it was OK on all of them before. I am writing from Poole, Dorset but the problem is found all the way up to Cumbria.
Traffic Announcements - SlidingPillar
In that caes, it's the radio. All I can hope is the manual can be navigated!
Traffic Announcements - bathtub tom
>>If the local station/area is BBC Three Counties, it is not linked to the traffic system, so won't interrupt BBC national FM stations

I raised this here several months ago. I also raised it with BBC Three Counties - they didn't bother to reply.

I thought it broke into any FM TP broadcast not just BBC national FM stations as SP seems to suggest.

I don't see why it's a problem broadcasting traffic announcements, if anyone listening doesn't want to receive them all they have to do is turn off the TA function - a single button press on my last few cars.
Traffic Announcements - Hamsafar
TP (Traffic Programme) will not interrupt another station. TA (Travel Announcement) does that. Make sure TA is on, TP is just a programme type like classic or talk or news.
Traffic Announcements - SpamCan61 {P}
I don't think any UK stations use TP anyway do they? as you say don't confuse TP and TA. Only other improbable thought I had was what if the TA volume has been set to zero somehow? Is there a little button on the radio somewhere that returns everything to factory defaults ( there almost always is), so at least a fresh start can be made?
Traffic Announcements - Clanger
I favour SpamCan's explanation. On my radio, the TA volume has to be adjusted while an announcement is happening, I can't find anywhere in the manual to enable adjustment offline. That would explain the "frequent sound drop outs"; these would be silent announcements.
Traffic Announcements - scouseford
Personally I wouldn't worry if I never received another traffic message via my car radio. My experience has been that by the time a message is broadcast the blockage, hold-up or whatever, has been well and truly cleared. Only last month I heard an almost apocalyptic message about an abnormal load that was apparently being driven on the exact section of the M53 that I was on at the time. There was no sign of the impediment and traffic was, if anything, lighter than usual.
Traffic Announcements - Hamsafar
You're lucky scouse! Radio Nottingham just talk about sport or something nothing at all to do with roads or travel.
Traffic Announcements - SpamCan61 {P}
Personally I find the traffic announcements from Wave105 invaluable for my daily commute up and down the M3 and M27, far more useful than those big new expensive overhead signs .