03 2.2 Check engine light - smudge54
The check engine light for my car comes on now and again, (it's on permanently at the moment) the car doesn't go into limp mode. I took it into a Saab dealer last year when it happened and they did a diagnostic check and told me it was the sensor needed cleaning. I am loath to go and pay another £50 to be told the same thing. Does anyone know where in the car this sensor is so that I can clean it myself. Thanks
03 2.2 Check engine light - Dynamic Dave
Can you narrow it down a bit and tell us which sensor as there will be more than one.

Did the garage give you the fault code? Might be able to identify it from that, that is providing its the same fault and not something else.
03 2.2 Check engine light - smudge54
I can't find the bill to see if there is a fault code, and he didn't tell me at the time, so can't narrow it down really. If anyone out there has had similar problems let me know how you solved them
03 2.2 Check engine light - focusman
hi
i think you will either have to talk with the dealer to see if they have arecord of the codes or take it back and have them reread the codes or lastly see if you can buy your own code reader, i bought one i few weeks ago, cost about £30 but that was for use on a fiat although it will fit other makes, not sure if saab have a non standard obd socket. if you purchase one, then you can read your own codes and decide if it is do able by yourself or a garage job. be aware the reader only directs you to where the problem lies, it may not be the sensor, it could be wiring, faulty connection etc.
03 2.2 Check engine light - veryoldbear
It's a standard ODB socket and the codes are pretty much as per Vauxhall (the GM effect). I have a GENDAN doofer which plugs into my laptop