99 1.8 Weird Electrical Problem - shnabz
When i turn the key in the ignition several lights should come on for a few seconds, e.g. Airbag Light, etc and also the battery light should illuminate until the engine is started. For some reason my battery light no longer comes on when i turn the key, whats even more weird, is that my electric windows, and clock light dont work either. But when i start the engine, and rev it, as soon as it hits 2000rpm there is a click and the battery light illuminates and stays on, my clock light comes on and my electric windows work once this battery light comes on. I have also noticed that when driving at night, my headlights get brighter once the click happens also the lights behind the speedo get brighter. When i turn the engine off it kinda resets and to get the electrics working again i have to start the engine and rev it to 2000rpm.

If it helps my rear wipers dont work at all, and my passenger electric windows doesnt work either, but i think they are probably different problems to this one.

Thanks....Mike
99 1.8 Weird Electrical Problem - 659FBE
The fuse for the alternator warning lamp has blown.

The usual cause of this is a broken parking switch in the rear wiper motor. If the fuse has failed and blows when the rear wiper is used, unplug the wiper motor until a repair can be made.

Stupidly designed electrical system - bottom of the class PSA.