Webasto Sunroof - rsvtoddy
Greetings all - first post and would like some advice please!

Looking at buying a 2 year old car that comes with a full length (almost) electric folding Webasto sunroof. Apparently it cost nearly £1k when fitted when the car was new!

Anyone had any recent experience of having one - are they noisy, likely to leak, devalue the car at all?

Any input/thoughts would be appreciated - thanks!
Webasto Sunroof - bell boy
i love them
once youve had one you wont want a car without one
unfortunately when it comes to sell, people neither understand them or want one
last car i had with one was a citroen saxo and the cable driven by the motor wouldnt engage on the teeth so it was useless
my old capri had one and i kept that nearly ten years because of the roof
downsides? the whole roof cracked in the end due to stresses and i nearly caught a lad one night as he ripped it open to gain access to a 10 bob harry moss stereo

buy it with your heart and enjoy it

they arent any noisier than you would expect
they dont leak if complete
as for devalue as i say,i live in the north so its a tough market, i reckon if you live south of london its an asset
Webasto Sunroof - bathtub tom
I had one yonks ago. You couldn't have it fully open above a certain speed, about 50MPH IIRC. I did once, heard a bang and wondered why I couldn't see anything in the rear view mirror. It all went back together OK.
No problem with noise, or leaks. There was a little spoiler that flipped up in front of it when it was open. Good for increasing ventilation if you just cracked it open a bit at any speed.