1997 1.2l Fuel Filter Changing - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Doing a few routine service items on the old Corsa. Easy access to everything so far.
But the fuel filter is something which appears to be a little different. I guess it is under the fuel tank somewhere- is it easy to reach?
Haynes says to depressurise the fuel system by dismantling the front parcel shelf , removing door seals etc etc. before removing a relay. Is this absolutely necessary and would not the relay be powered down by disconnecting the battery?
All comments welcome.

Edited by Glaikit Wee Scunner {P} on 30/05/2009 at 14:25

1997 1.2l Fuel Filter Changing - bell boy
they have silly clips on them
to be honest if you know the car and only fill up from filling stations i wouldnt bother changing it
yes its in front of the petrol tank
yes it would need the fuel pressure taking out or shut your eyes and mouth as you do it and put that fag out
1997 1.2l Fuel Filter Changing - Dynamic Dave
yes it would need the fuel pressure taking out

Easiest way I've found is to locate and remove the fuel pump fuse, (if electric) then start the engine and wait for it to cut out. Change filter and then remember to put fuse back in again.
1997 1.2l Fuel Filter Changing - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Think I'll quit while I'm ahead with step sons banger. Plugs, air cleaner, oil and filter done. Access is superb to all these items- unlike my last VW.
I'd to ram a screwdriver through the oil filter ,twice, to remove it. A tip I think I remembered from Practical Motorist back in the '60s. The new Mahle filter went on using my BMW bike tool a spare BMW sump washer also went on. I now claim we have a BMW - Vauxhall hybrid.