Peugeot 307 - doobs
I bought this from new and have had numerous problems such as electronic service indicator counting down very very quickly, carpet coming adfift of the trim, exterior door rubbing strips coming adrift of the door, a breakdown whilst driving, steering lock/ignition key recall problem, glovebox release mechanism broken, horn intermittently not working, paint chipping on bonnet despite mainly slow speed driving, hatchback would not close until shut several times, rear seat velour stitching not finished, remote central locking intermittently not working, electronic oil level indicator reading empty despite being virtually full, etc
nearly all are now resolved but very frustrating and lets the car down - anybody else with simailar experiences ?????
Peugeot 307 - jud
Reminds me of the Metro i once had, over what period of time have you had these problems, and couldn't you have rejected it?
Peugeot 307 - T Lucas
I guess that when we buy a new car reliability is quite high on the list.So bearing that in mind why do we continue to buy such appallingly unreliable junk from the same manufacturers time after time?I understand Fiat sales across Europe are on the slide,so maybe they have been found out.Do we get suckered in by the lovely advertising for say Renaults or Peugeots or do we like the styling so much that we kid ourselves that "this time xyz's unreliability has been sorted out and they now make good looking cars that handle well and are also reliable?"I dont know, but you do seem to see a lot of new cars on the road from the same old manufacturers that seem to spend far more on promotion budgets and special offers than they spend on quality control.By the way,im not just picking on Renault and Peugeot!
Peugeot 307 - Dwight Van Driver
I doubt Peugeot or any other Manufacturer with poor quality control would take any interest in a general remark such as posted but perhaps would do so if the sufferer made a direct complaint to them by a polite but forceful letter. I appreciate they may shrug off a single one but several should start warning bells ringing?

It is in our hands why let them get away with it?

DVD

Peugeot 307 - T Lucas
I understand that many people across Europe have had problems with their P306 engines putting rods thru the blocks.I dont think Peugeot have done much more than shrug about it.Perhaps they dont think its much of a problem.Why fix the problem when the marketing dept will think of another way to sucker us in again for more punishment.Maybe they think of us as victims rather than consumers paying their wages.
Peugeot 307 - The Watcher
A friend of mine has a Pug 406. He says when he's in the local dealer having his serviced or repaired (take your pick!), there is always at least one person in the dealership complaining about a fault on the 307.

Seems like the build quality isnt what it should be on this European 'Car of the year'!
Peugeot 307 - doobs
Thanks for the reply. What I forgot to say in my first message was that I purchased from my local franchised Peugeot dealer and have written to them several times to formally reject the car. However, all they have ever done (apart from apologise etc and offer a derisory sum of £75)is to offer to repair/rectify the matter again and again and again. It seems to me that unless you are prepared to get solicitors involved etc then in practice, getting a dealer to agree to take a car back is nigh on impossible!
Peugeot 307 - T Lucas
Its all well and good to blame the dealer,but think about it,he didnt design and build the piece of c..p.Its the manufacturer thats guilty of taking the p..s and getting the dealer to sell the junk and us poor suckers for buying it time after time.
Peugeot 307 - Andrew-T
"It's the manufacturer that's guilty of taking the p..s and getting the dealer to sell the junk and us poor suckers for buying it time after time"

Suckers or not, 'we' have forced car prices down to the point that maybe they have to be built cheaply? It all sounds like having cake and eating it. Of course even the less cheap cars aren't fault-free either. We also moan at the charges demanded for spares - this is the easiest way for the makers to fatten the thin margins available on new sales.
Peugeot 307 - mdh28

Easy online quotes, 10% discount on purchase and all kids are free. Annual, multi-trip, ski, European and worldwide policies available.
Visit Norwich Union Direct today and see how much you could save on travel insurance.
Free kids & free quotes. Save pounds on our range of travel insurance products. Easy-to-follow steps make obtaining cover fast, reliable, secure and inexpensive. Get an instant quote now.

closeafter owning my 307 for 17 months i had to get it towed(at a cost of £60) to my nearest peugeot garage due to all the electrics and the power steering failing. i decided to find out if the car was supposed to have been recalled or not (i purchased my car in cyprus therefore i hadnt recieved any letter).after some investigation the garage found out that the car should have been recalled due to the ignition switch sticking which in turn burnt out the starter motor.the garage then carried out the repairs to the car which included replacing the indicator stick and downloading new information into the computer. the cost of this was covered by peugeot so i was happy enough to wait the three weeks it took to fix these problems.
i received a phonecall to tell me that although they have succesfully replaced all the faulty parts in my new car they cant seem to get the car started. it has now been in the garage for two months (as the garage has to take priority over the cars it has sold)and ive just found out that the car needs a new ecu, bsi and alternator at a cost of at least £1000!!!!!!
unfortunately my car isnt covered under warranty as i purchased my car abroad.has anybody else had similar problems with the 307?????.

Peugeot 307 - Fred69
How did you resolve the intermittent horn problem?
Mine is doing the same.

{Shouting amended - ie, posting soley in CAP LETTERS! DD}
Peugeot 307 - Xileno {P}
I doubt you will get an answer, they haven't posted here since the original post in Sept 02.
Peugeot 307 - SatCure

A link to instructions (with photos) is in this discussion:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=58708