HGF and what next ? - Clanger
Getting to the stepbrother's wedding was eventful for some of the guests. The London contingent headed off for Bridlington instead of Harrogate; the Australian contingent (including his daughter) had problems with flights, hospitals and Customs, and when they finally got where they were going, one of them smashed his mother's car on the way to collect his daughter; stepbrother's intended was hopelessly late to pick up I forget whom because his (stepbrother's) '97 Renault Laguna boiled over; when stepbrother and intended finally landed at the hotel where the ceremony was, there was no record of his booking a room for the night of his own wedding. Are you following this ? Do you care ? If you don't, click on by; it's only a Hawkeye ramble.

At breakfast this Bank Holiday Monday morning, having listened to stepbro' optimistically plan an extensive itinerary to various significant places with members of his scattered family, I found myself the only person among the guests knowledgeable enough to reluctantly look under the Laguna's bonnet and guess the reason for overheating. The new Mrs stepbro' was adamant that the cooling fan hadn't cut in before the over temp. warning light had come on and, once the fan was fixed, everything would be fine. I wasn't so sure.

Once the bonnet had been popped, I spun the rad. fan to show it wasn't seized and disconnected the temp. sender and shorted it with a paper clip. The fan whirred even though the keys weren't in the ignition. Leaving the fan running all day seemed like a cue for another breakdown so I replaced the plug. The expansion tank was barely damp so I topped it up and started the engine. A steady stream of bubbles came down the thin pipe from the cylinder head. Speeding up the engine produced a blast of foam from this pipe into the expansion tank. There was no evidence of any colour to the coolant. I was satisfied that I was looking at HGF but 1) did I spill the beans to the stepbro' and recommend that he didn't travel with his car in that state? 2) not wanting to be the bearer of more bad news, did I keep quiet and hope that the RAC would pick up the pieces later in the day?, or 3) was my diagnosis faulty in the first place and some well-meaning member of the wedding party glanced over my shoulder and reassured everyone that it was just an airlock and it would sort itself out in a couple of miles.

Your turn.
HGF and what next ? - bell boy
take the free beer
HGF and what next ? - the swiss tony
its a Renault

scrap it.
HGF and what next ? - Lygonos
2 bottles of radweld and sell it to the next sucker.
HGF and what next ? - Rattle
Sell it me, I need a car to maon and make threads about.

I can see it now in two weeks time

"Temperatue gauge high and car is using a lot of water" to which I will get replies "its normal they all do it" :D
HGF and what next ? - redviper
Sell it me I need a car to maon and make threads about.

LOL! Trust me you dont want one ;-)

I had one and the best thing i ever did was get rid of it !