01 2.0 diesel trouble starting. - appuji
I try to replace the fuel filter and leak off pipe for my zafira diesel 51 reg. after that do i need to prime the fuel line. if needed how its done.because i had a starting problem in cold condition. i check the glow plug . that is ok .need to crank for a long time to start. after that it start with bit white smoke.Thanks

Edited by Pugugly on 24/05/2009 at 00:31

01 2.0 diesel trouble starting. - piston power
Fill the fuel filter with fresh diesel if it has a bulb priming pump, pump the fuel to fuel pump and bleed that, if not crank over and bleed injectors. it should start ok.

Does the glow plugs glow ok have you removed them and see them glow?

Do you get a good 4 seconds of heat at start?

while i try to switch on the ignition key the glow plug indicator shows only 2 to 3 seconds. Is that normal.so is their any problem with relay. mine is Y20 DTH engine(2.0 DTI).Thanks
yea i removed the glow plugs and check with external battery . It glows properly and i check with the multi meter. It shows 1.7 Ohms , and then i compare with the new glow plugs in the parts shop. That is also showing 1.5 to 1.6 Ohms.Now i renew the fuel filter and leak off pipe. so do i need to bleed the system. If needed can i use a big syringe to bleed the system. thanks
01 2.0 diesel trouble starting. - mfarrow
appuji

I do not believe there is a bleed procedure on these.
01 2.0 diesel trouble starting. - eastenddoy

hi the system is a self bleed fit pipes and filter switch on and start