Sports car hire (possibly an Aston) - VR6
Hello all,

I want to hire a sports car (an Aston DB7/9 is favorite at the moment). I need it for a Sunday-Monday in July in the Birmingham / Warwickshire area.

Has anyone hired such a car and can recommend someone?
Sports car hire (possibly an Aston) - rtj70
How many seats really needed? Do you need 4? What about the Aston V8 Vantage? and if that is okay what about other cars like Porsche?

What is the car for? Know someone who got an Aston for their wedding and the days later. But their future father in law was a multi-millionaire and bought them a nice house worth a fortune too.

Edited by rtj70 on 19/05/2009 at 20:35

Its for a wedding. I only really need 2 seats. I have thought about a few different cars, but the others I have thought of (Porsche / Ferrari) don't appeal. An Aston is just classier.
Sports car hire (possibly an Aston) - rtj70
So the V8 Vantage will be cheaper?
Sports car hire (possibly an Aston) - pafosman
Not exactly an Aston but I have hired a MB CLK convertible for a weekend in July (friday 10.00 - monday 10.00) via 'carhire3000'. I am picking it up from and returning it to Bristol airport which is about 50 mins from my home. I was offered a SLK but preferred the 4 seats.
According to SWMBO something significant occured on a saturday lunchtime 25 years ago and I have to organise something to 'celebrate'. Job done ?
Sports car hire (possibly an Aston) - RobertyBob
Try Avis, based in London though.

tinyurl.com/ppvk5u
I hadn't thought of the normal car hire places, I thought they just did Fiesta/Focus/Mondeo/Vans.

Thanks for suggestions so far.
Sports car hire (possibly an Aston) - Derfel
Had you considered a weekend break with a classic car? These people have an Aston Martin DB6 in their fleet. Admitedly it is down in Cornwall, but a weekend break in the west country with a classic Aston would be memorable.

www.cornwallclassiccarhire.co.uk/