06 1.8 A Few Questions - redviper
Hi All

You may or may not know that ive just purchased a nearly new Vectra, but i have already got a few questions (Mods: i didnt know what was more relevent. Discussion or Technical, but please feel free to move it accordingly)

The car (1.8 16V) has recently been serviced, however on start up the oil light takes a good 3-4 seconds to go out, when its out though it stays out.

I Will check levels etc, however I just wondered if this was normal or not. as my 1.6 8V went out more or less straight away.

I think the parcel shelf is rattling which is slightly annoying and it didnt do this on test drive becasue of the "Tester Licence Plate" on the back. would it be just a case of it not seating properly or do they normally do this as well

Many Thanks
06 1.8 A Few Questions - Dynamic Dave
I think the parcel shelf is rattling

If it's a hatchback, then chances are its that, rather than the parcel shelf. There are 2 bump stops on the hatch (one each side) that can be adjusted to take up any slack.

Can't help with the oil pressure question. Mine is a 2.2 petrol.

I think someone mentioned over in discussion that Vectra-c.com can be a good source of information for all things Vec-C related. I frequent it quite a lot and there are a lot of helpful people over on there.
06 1.8 A Few Questions - redviper
Ah yes Thanks DD Ill have a look on Vectra-c.com

:-)