Accommodation for Silverstone - Big Bad Dave
There's a slim change I might fly over for the Silverstone race dependent on a couple of things, one being accommodation.

I would fly to Luton so I'm looking for a cheapish hotel/B&B somewhere between the airport and the track. I can't work out if it's better to stay close to the track, Luton or inbetween. To muddy the waters I'll only come if I can tie it in with meeting a client in London and thus get a two-fer so good transport links are important. I won't have a car and I'm concerned about leaving the circuit after the race with a million other people.

I'm open to any advice, can you solve my logistical problem and point me towards a B&B?

I'll fly in on Thursday am, fly out again on Monday.

Many thanks

Dave
Accommodation for Silverstone - Paul G1pdc
hi Dave..
i used to work near Luton airport, we always used to put customers up in the IBIS hotel its staggering distance from the airport.
silverstone,
I now work in Wappenham thats 6.8miles from silvestone race track
if you google "smooth hound" (its a hotel and b+b site), and enter wappenham theres a b+b in the village. you then have the option of driving the last few miles in the car and avoiding the A43 rat run as your already far enough towards silverstone to have avoided that.
./
avoiding millions leaving....hmm you need to hire a helicopter or drive a police car..the other way is to see if any b+bs have an old bike they could lend you, then cycle past all the public in there overheating cars back to the b+b hop in your car, and back lane it back to the airport. (use the sat nav "avoid part of route" setting and enter m40 and a43.)
Paul.
(I ran around silvertsone this year raising money for diabetes uk, then did the marathon the following month. even the half marathon at silverstone attracted 10,000 runners not including spectators and meant 4miles of ques on the A43.) By staying locally you can avoid the hassle...)
Accommodation for Silverstone - Paul G1pdc
www.smoothhound.co.uk/a53606.html
heres one link...it'll give you an idea.
paul
Accommodation for Silverstone - Big Bad Dave
Cheers Paul, that's a big help

Think I'll rent a car too

Many thanks