Riken Maystorm2 tyres - feedback as requested. - Tron
Some may recall that towards the end of August start of September 2008 (looking at the receipt for the purchase date) I was twittering on in here in another thread (not even sure if I started it too!) about what tyres to fit to my vehicle and eventually I went with the Riken made by Michelin.

I cannot find that thread though.

Within the context of that thread a few of you asked me to give feed back on how that Riken tyre progressed, wear, handling etc., over the coming months.

9 months and 11k later, rear axle, inflated to 28 to 35psi (depending on loading) it still has 6.68mm of sound tread across the face of the tyre and it is doing just fine - so fine I procured a 2nd Riken replacement for another tyre that had less than 2.3mm of tread left today and paired them up on the rear axle.

No problems with wear and I do not 'hang around' when it comes to making safe progress on the roads. Not once have I had any issues with loss of grip.

Tyre has been used urban, rural (dirt tracks Scotland!) off road (I do a lot of fishing) and motorways.
Riken Maystorm2 tyres - feedback as requested. - Dynamic Dave
I cannot find that thread though.

This one?

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=66...3

Riken Maystorm2 tyres - feedback as requested. - Tron
Yes DD - that one!

Went back to ATS as they bettered the price by £10.00 on the same make, size & type of tyre they sold me last year and beat all competition in my area by several pounds too.