Toyota Corolla, should I????? - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
I have been offered a July 2001 1.6 VVTi GLS Corolla 4-door with 2000 miles for silly money from a deceased persons estate. I dont want it for myself but am thinking of turning it into a modest earner. It has a three year warranty BUT has missed it's annual service as the owner was taken ill in March this year and subsequently passed away. Would a statement from the solicitor acting as executor to this effect AND having the relevant service carried out by a Toyota dealer reinstate the warranty? My concern is that without the warranty no-one will touch it for the money it would otherwise be worth.
Toyota Corolla, should I????? - T Lucas
Its a Toyota, you wont need the warranty.Taliban drivers 'car of choice'2002.
Toyota Corolla, should I????? - bernie
oooohh,be careful,Mr Lucas !
Toyota Corolla, should I????? - crazed
Re "July 2001 1.6 VVTi GLS Corolla 4-door with 2000"

I take it you mean 5 door ?

Can I ask some dumb questions ?

Its one of the last of the old models ?
What colour is it ? Met Yes/No ?
Auto/Manual ?
Any extras ?
What reg is it ? Y ? What month was it registered ?
And its only done 2000 miles ?
What part of the country is it ?
Its in perfect nick ? No dents etc?

And I guess the million squid question how much would you need to sell it for to make a few bob ?

Outside chance her indoors would have it
Crazed, it was reg'd in july 2001 in Hindhead.Met silver with the individual lights under the clear covers, alloys, sports seats etc. It is not perfect, there is a graze on the bumper and one of the rear doors (elderly, infirm owner/ tight garage), manual. Not sure if it has air-con, going to look at it today but if there is any doubt over the warranty I am going to walk......email me for price.
Andrew.
Toyota Corolla, should I????? - Tomo
Toyota yes, Corolla no, for the Taliban!

Tomo
Toyota Corolla, should I????? - Dave N
Give over Andy, you want it for yourself you old timer. I saw that travel blanket and panama hat in your van the other day, just ready to go on the back shelf of a suitable motor.
Toyota Corolla, should I????? - Ian D
GLS must be last of the old shape, as the new shape are designated T2/T3 etc...

Ian
Toyota Corolla, should I????? - Johnny20
Give over Andy, you want it for yourself you old timer.
I saw that travel blanket and panama hat in your van
the other day, just ready to go on the back shelf
of a suitable motor.

Oy, not all Corolla's are owned by panama hat wearing old timers.

I'm 18 and my 95 Diesel's got a FUK (fast car) logo on the back of it and one of those new fangle compact disc players.

I think some alloy wheel effect wheel trims, a muffler, sports petrol cap and some go faster stripes will go down a treat!

mmmmm, excellent!

Toyota Corolla, should I????? - Godfrey H {P}
Oh dear! I fancied one of the new style ones as my next purchase. I am getting old.
Toyota Corolla, should I????? - T Lucas
Has it got the 4xAK47 internal carrier and roof mount for the triple A?If so are they the Official Toyota accesories?
I took the scarfe ring off my mates imported Hi-Lux, looks good on my T4!
Toyota Corolla, should I????? - daryld
..back to the original question:

I think the answer is "yes". I cannot believe that toyota would be so short sighted in damaging their reputation over something like this.