03 2.00 Mechanical differences between 2.00 HDI 11 - smartalex
Hi,

Help wanted - Mechanical differences between 2.00 HDI 110 (RHZ) and 90 (RHY) engine.

My 03 Pug 307 2.00 HDI 110 has suffered a major failure. At least one inlet valve has failed (probably struck piston), the belt has slipped one notch and the cam surface is damaged on one inlet valve. I have removed the engine but not separated the head yet so not sure which order events occurred in. Main clue so far is cam belt was very slack, but within service interval)
I am finding it difficult to identify the mechanical differences between the 90 bhp (RHY) engine and the 110 bhp (RHZ) engine. I may change just the head or re engine from a breakers. The technical specifications in Haynes list only one set of mechanical specs for both engines, ie valve diameter, piston size etc. Can anyone advise on compatibility of engines, heads, blocks etc.

Any help much appreciated as I will need to buy soon, Thanks.
03 2.00 General - I need a new Head - smartalex
Hi,

I need a new head. Anyone know if there is any mechanical difference between the 90 and 110 2.00 HDI heads. Also if I decide to re engine instead is there any mechanical difference in the blocks (short engine)?

Thanks.