96 1.2 Can I drive with missing spark plugs? - Toom
While trying to fix another problem, a mechanic managed to break off two of the spark plugs. I know this is a common problem in Kas but in this case it was probably my fault- the car was very poorly serviced and the plugs were badly corroded.

I don't want to pay to get the plugs drilled out because I'm getting the car scrapped as part of the scrappage deal. But the dealer I'm doing this with says I have be able to drive into the scrap yard.

Is it possible to start/drive the car with two spark plugs missing? What about 3 plugs missing? It doesn't need to drive well!

Any advice appreciated
96 1.2 Can I drive with missing spark plugs? - goooba769
If your doing the scrappage deal I dont remember seening anything saying it has to run. All thats required is it has an MOT, 10years old and owned it for a year. My father just used his old car and the head gasket had gone so it was struggling to start let alone move! Just get it towed down by a friend or tell the dealer to take it or leave it you can always find another dealer to buy the car from. Im sure they would be more than happy with it then.
96 1.2 Can I drive with missing spark plugs? - Toom
I think you're probably right - if necessary, we'll just tow it there. But it would be simpler to drive it, if possible.

Can a car be driven OK with 2 spark plugs missing?
96 1.2 Can I drive with missing spark plugs? - Peter D
I guess it depends on which plug broke off and the firing order. Is this an injection engine or a single point unit. Regards Peter

Edited by Peter D on 10/05/2009 at 20:34

96 1.2 Can I drive with missing spark plugs? - dagenham car center
no it cant be driven,its dangerous,a fire risk and bad for the enviroment.
tow it there!
or get the plugs taken out by a mobile mechanic,its quite common on ka,s and fairely straight forward to remove.
96 1.2 Can I drive with missing spark plugs? - bbroomlea{P}
How far do you need to drive it?

Three cylinders firing would see you any reasonable distance but two will be pushing it - particularly on such a small engine. IF it moves at a reasonable speed though - depending on which plugs have snapped and the cylinder firing order - then as its being scrapped I wouldnt be too worried about the long term effects of running a car on reduced cylinders!! I drove our old Metro GTa to the scappy (about 7 years ago!) which was 10 miles away with a cylinder down due to a broken piston ring and it made it!!!