Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks
Ford CD6000 Radio/CD Player - KeithH
I have a Portable Mini Disc Player that I would like to play through my Car Audio unit: Ford CD6000. This unit has a multipin connector on the rear for a CD multichanger.
Does anyone know the pin outs of the connector? Is it possible to fool the CD unit into thinking there is a multi-changer present by for example linking pins and then feeding the audio input into other pins as though it was the autochanger?
I accept that I wont be able to control my mini disc player from the CD unit.

Answers or a service manual / circuit diagram for the CD unit (or where to get one from) would be much appreciated
Ford CD6000 Radio/CD Player - smokie
If you have a cassette player, Argos used to sell an attachment which looks like a tape with a wire which plugs into your line-out on CD player. You can then play CDs/minidiscs through the car player. Seem to recall it was less than £10, and impossible to really notice any deterioration in quality.

I use it for a CD MP3 player (i.e. CDs written with MP3 - data -files) which gives me far greater capacity on a single CD - about 120 tracks per CD IIRC.
Ford CD6000 Radio/CD Player - Ian (Cape Town)
Argos used to sell an
attachment which looks like a tape with a wire ...

Some clever richard came up with the idea of installing similar devices at the local drive-in cinema's once, which played the movie soundtrack throught he car stereo.
(Up until then, sound was via a large metal box on a cable, which hooked onto your side window, and gave abysmal sound quality.)
However, many was the night when, after the double feature, loads of cars were stuck with flat batteries!

Value my car