Door slammers: the distaff side - Roger Jones
Recently I've carried female passengers in my car, different people on two occasions. The car is an MB W126 which most people would expect to have doors that close with a satisfying thunk, aided by a push or pull on the gentle side of firm -- and they do. Both these mature ladies slammed their door, from inside and outside, and this is consistent with my life-long experience with female passengers. I haven't yet found out why it happens every single time. Does anyone else know?

Now, where's my tin hat?
Door slammers: the distaff side - craig-pd130

I agree, and the same goes for women driving the car, in my experience. No attempt to gauge how much force is required to shut the door, it's simply slammed.

I will introduce another foible too. Why do women drivers use the ignition key as the master "off" switch?

When I pull up at my destination, I turn off the radio, lights, aircon, heated screens, wipers etc, and THEN kill the engine.

Yet if I get in the car after any woman I know has driven it (wife, sister, former girlfriends), I turn the key and lights blaze, wipers leap into action, radio blares and heated EVERYTHING comes on.

Door slammers: the distaff side - Happy Blue!
...Yet if I get in the car after any woman I know has driven it (wife, sister, former girlfriends), I turn the key and lights blaze, wipers leap into action, radio blares and heated EVERYTHING comes on...

Your wife lets you into cars driven by former girlfriends???? That's called an open marriage in my house.!
Door slammers: the distaff side - Armitage Shanks {p}
Not necessarily - it could mean you have had the car for a very long time!
Door slammers: the distaff side - Pugugly
Directionally there's only one way this thread is heading .......
Door slammers: the distaff side - ifithelps
Took a Merc in part-exchange years ago which was in good nick, other than dozens of small scratches around and under the driver's door handle.

Female owner with rings on her fingers was to blame.
Door slammers: the distaff side - oldnotbold
Door slammers carry the same genes as those who pull the handbrake up without depressing the ratchet button, and turn the steering when the vehicle is not moving. Not all are of the distaff persuasion.
Door slammers: the distaff side - madf
SWMBO does not slam doors... she is very good like that.

SHe has ,however, never washed or cleaned her car - inside or out- ever. That is my job (amongst others).

I suppose it's worth it :-)
Door slammers: the distaff side - Tron
I tell those that slam my car doors, 'It is a car door not a barn door! Please treat it as such'.

Alternative to having your ears popped - open a window before your passengers get out.
Door slammers: the distaff side - Natty Bumppo
Same with me. Wife and sister-in-law both used to really slam the doors. It took about 3 months of 'There's no need to slam them like that' each time in a more exasperated voice. Each time with the sdame response 'Oh. I forgot.' But eventually we got there.
I am no misogenist (if that is how you spell it) but there are some things (mainly mechanical) that the fairer sex just do not seem capable of understanding.
Door slammers: the distaff side - Pugugly
That's enough sexism.