2001 2nd alarm fob - motorprop
My car has a Toad Ai606 Thatcham 1 remote alarm / immob / door lock fitted as aftermarket. Have had no problem since it was fitted about 5 years ago, but have lost the 2nd set of keys and remote.

Now, I went and bought a 2nd fob off you know where auctionsite, as there are instructions in the original alarm manual ( which I have, along with the PIN # ). I did something similar on a friend's Ford and it worked , however this one is more complicated , instructions to programme in a new fob are ambiguous and I couldn't do it despite an hour and several attempts - problem is you need to count flashes of the LED and it just wasn't happening ..

Have contacted the manufacturer , Toad here in the UK, alas they are only interested in selling me a 2nd fob for £65 + VAT and other extras ( when a new alarm can be had FITTED at £210 inclusive , so what a rip -off ), which I will still need to programme, so not interested - they stopped responding when I inquired if I can take it anywhere or send the good and new keys somewhere for programming ( car is a seldom used 2nd vehicle ).
Am happy to pay reasonable amounts just to get the new fob programmed - trouble is who can do it ?

anybody know ?

thanks

motorprop

Edited by motorprop on 16/04/2009 at 00:34