05 1.6 Tyre direction. - bristolblue1
Hi there, looking for some advice.... I just put my summer tyres/wheels back on my car. But what i was wondering, are they directional or left or right sided.... I can not find any direction arrow on the side of the tyre but it looks to me, the left side tyre tread is pointing forward and the right side tyre tread is pointing back... The tyres are Michelin Energy's 195 65 15.
Any ideas
Thanks
BR
05 1.6 Tyre direction. - Hamsafar
Usually they have an arrow and the word Rotation. e.g.

225 55 ZR 16 91W
<--------- Rotation

Edited by Hamsafar on 06/04/2009 at 18:56

05 1.6 Tyre direction. - bristolblue1
Thats what i thought, but no arrow or direction markings on the tyre. Just the marking for outside for when the tyre is fitted to the wheel...
05 1.6 Tyre direction. - boggles
Always used Michelin Energy tyres on wifes Zafira, as fitted from new.
The last pair on the front were assymetric treads, so there was a need to fit the less grooved side on the outside, for cornering grip. I am sure they were not directional though. Car is not here, so I can't check to be certain.
05 1.6 Tyre direction. - doctorchris
Tyres marked with "outside" on one of their walls are asymetric and not directional.
Michelin Energy E3A tyres are asymetric. However, Michelin Energy Savers look as if they might be directional.
Which tyres are fitted to your car?
05 1.6 Tyre direction. - Old Navy
My Michelin Primacy HP tyres have "outside" marked on one sidewall so can rotate in either direction.
05 1.6 Tyre direction. - bell boy
they must have a kerbing ring then ?
proper michelins always used to have them in the old days
05 1.6 Tyre direction. - L'escargot
There's no mention in the Michelin website that either the Energy or Energy Saver tyres are directional. tinyurl.com/6nck3n
The tread of all tyres will look different when they're fitted on a different side of the car.

Edited by L'escargot on 07/04/2009 at 10:30