Which manufacturers offer best "goodwill" . - mattbod
Those who followed my recent VRS turbo saga will know that the Skoda factory paid for my turbo (one year out of warranty and 35000 miles) which was pretty impressive. I couldn't believe it when the service manager at the dealer who did the repair said that Volkswagen would have been much tougher (same company).

Sadly some manufacturers are not quite as impressive so I thought it would be interesting to ask, in backroomers experience, which manufacturers have been supportive and which have not.

Which manufacturers offer best "goodwill" . - Optimist
Skoda are still trying to make an impression in parts of the market and so, I'd have thought,
understand the concept and the importance of "goodwill". You've posted on here which is good PR for Skoda.

It seems to me that most manufacturers have lost track of the notion of goodwill unless you're very lucky or very determined.
Which manufacturers offer best "goodwill" . - Westpig
Jaguar did very well with a large batch of V8 engines some years back...something to do with the lining of the bore and a change of fuel sold in the UK... if the car was serviced they'd pay up, no real quibbles
Which manufacturers offer best "goodwill" . - 659FBE
As the owner of a Skoda, I fear the goodwill is fast disappearing as the family businesses trading from tin sheds are being replaced by M-K driven glass palaces.

If you are lucky enough to have a local dealer belonging to the former category you will be able to enjoy a well assembled product (with whatever vagaries pre-exist in the source VAG design), well serviced. This makes for cheap and reliable motoring.

I fear their presently excellent ratings will deteriorate to VW levels of mediocrity as the glass palace policy gathers momentum.

Hmmm interesting 659 but I have found my local Skoda dealer in Kent to be very disappointing and they are a small family concern. The Skoda dealer in Devon who did the job on my turbo was a "glass palace" that also sold VWs and the Skoda arm was very impressive in their attitude. It was actually Mlada Boleslav that paid the bill for the parts and not the importer. Why would Wolfsburg be less willing? It's an interesting one
Which manufacturers offer best "goodwill" . - Spospe
The least supportive manufacturer in my experience has been Fiat.

My daughter had a fuel pump-casing split, a year out of guarantee and they did not want to know at all. This was not a moving part or a part subject to normal wear and tear, it was a safety critical component, which should never even leak; yet it split.

The car was a Punto and it had not been abused or driven off-road and the pump showed no signs of impact damage, or other mistreatment.

I would have thought that Fiat would have been interested to see the pump body, but they could not have cared less.
Which manufacturers offer best "goodwill" . - Bill Payer
There have been several positive comments about Honda - there's a story on here of an almost 5yr old CRV that threw a rod and Honda paid most of the cost of a new engine, even though its last service had been at an indie.

Interesting to hear comments about Skoda / VW. Daughter has a SEAT Ibiza which needed new suspension bushed at 4yrs/34K miles (MOT fail). SEAT said tough luck, but forum searches reveal that, with a bit of pushing, Skoda will pick up the tab on Fabias. (Same platform).
Which manufacturers offer best "goodwill" . - jc2
Ford(suprisingly)tend to be one of the better ones;Jaguar(mentioned above)were part of Ford at that time.
I had my bushes done gratis as well Bill(with a bit of pushing, think I have got a Friday afternoon car). Interesing to see the differences in the VAG group and perplexing. Suspension bushes a known problem on this platfom, especially the "sporty" vehicles with the TDI.