08 1.6 petrol service - focusman
hi
s.i.l. has just purchased a 1.6 ford focus but not yet picked up. it is just over 12 months old (8/3/08 first reg) and done just over 9000 miles. i told her it is due a sevice, she contacted the seller (wll known car supermarket) who told her that it will need a service, but they would not do it and that she will have to have it done at a ford or vat reg garage. so to keep the warranty it needs doing.
as the car is now over 12 months old, does anyone know if or what is the grace period on the service intervals
thanks

Edited by Pugugly on 23/03/2009 at 22:19

ford focus 1.6 petrol service - andyp
I think that someone recently stated on here that Ford customer services told them that they allow a 1000 mile/1 month grace period.

Edited by andyp on 23/03/2009 at 19:57

ford focus 1.6 petrol service - ole cruiser
On my Ford it's plus or minus a month (as long as you're within mileage, of course, as she is). Maddening that the seller should run her up against it like this, but bearing in mind other threads about the consequences of falling out of warranty, I would advise her to make the Ford dealer the first port of call after she collects the car - only ?16 days to go now!
ford focus 1.6 petrol service - MikeTorque
Check with your Ford dealer asap.