Golf V6- 4 Motion / 1.8 T - BB
I have been a Golf fan for many years and currently own a 95 VR6. I am in the process of changing my motor for a newer model before things start going downhill on my 7 year old bundle of joy. I have heard many varied reports about the new V6, and indeed the Gti Turbo saying that it is no longer a fun car to drive.Is there anyone out there who is an owner and can shed some light on the standard of the new Golf? While comfort is an issue, I am a driver and need a drivers car!

BB
Golf V6- 4 Motion / 1.8 T - Big Vern
While you are at it dare I suggest that you take a spin in the new breed of TDi's You may be in for a shock!
Golf V6- 4 Motion / 1.8 T - BB
Hmmmmm. I have heard that from a few people. I believe that the birthday celebration model is a 150bhp model! I own a montego countryman estate diesel for commuting, but have always owned 2 cars, a diesel and a "sportier" model. Maybe time to rethink. Can anyone shed some light on just how good the new VW diesels are? I must admit though that my Montego is a cracking car, nicknamed the millenium falcon due to its high miles! My friend has one that has done 420,000!!!!!!
Cheers Vern.
Golf V6- 4 Motion / 1.8 T - Tim
You could always try a Leon Cupra (180bhp). More of a drivers car than the Golf and a few £k cheaper too!
Golf V6- 4 Motion / 1.8 T - TrevorP
The current V6 has too much power for it's stodgy chassis.

My personal recommendation is a GTi PD 130.

If you cannot wrap your head around the idea of a "sporty" diesel, the Seat Leon is much better value, or of course Skoda Octavia RS.

The PD VW diesels have been market leaders for several years - significant top gear punch and very economical.

Get a test drive - you will be surprised!!
Golf V6- 4 Motion / 1.8 T - jud
I test drove the pd130 Bora and found the torque too much for the chassis and the noisy tickover unacceptable. The V6 is a class act.