2003 1.4tdci won't start - dondon1
hi my car is a 53reg ford fiesta 1.4tdci. pressure washed my engine and it ran out of diesel put plenty of diesel in it and it wont start it fires some times but not all the time i have pumped the primer until it goes hard and my thumbs are killing now i have tried to tow it and it still wont start has any one had this problem and is it a easy fix please help.????????

Edited by Pugugly on 06/04/2009 at 19:40

53 1.4tdci wont start - rtj70
pressure washed my engine and it ran out of diesel

Are these separate events? I am a little confused by these statements.

I do hope you don't mean you really pressure washed the inside of the engine bay!

Edited by rtj70 on 10/03/2009 at 19:32

53 1.4tdci wont start - dondon1
yes they were cleaned the engine yesterday and every thing wos ok and it ran out of diesel today put some in and never started since ???????

53 1.4tdci wont start - mark1316
Get a nice friend to tow you around for a few miles and try and bump the car . Seen this in the past when some water got into the injectors . if you can get it started on a tow it will run fine. Last thing of note is the crankshaft sensor on the bottom of your engine block. Take the plug off and make sure its dry . It this is wet the car will not fire as there is magnets in the flywheel that pick up the sensor and fire the car
2003 1.4tdci wont start - chris.speakman
You did put diesel in and not unleaded? Stupid question but it does happen!
2003 1.4tdci wont start - Lud
Unless things have changed, when you run out of fuel with a diesel the injection system has to be primed before the engine will start again. There will be instructions for doing this in the owner's manual.

RTFM!
2003 1.4tdci wont start - zookeeper
lud, read the pink fluffy dice post, he primed the fuel system if you care to read it

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 05/04/2009 at 19:25

2003 1.4tdci wont start - Lud
he primed the fuel system

So he did... sorry dondon.

Have you had any luck yet?

Edited by Lud on 06/04/2009 at 19:27

2003 1.4tdci wont start - bell boy
have you got it going yet?
have you have you?
how much was the pump anyway?
please