01 1.8 intermittent starting fault - i hate my vectra
I'm having a nightmare with my vectra it has an intermittent fault on starting, sometimes it will start no problem othertimes it will turn over then flash up the car spanner light indicating an immobiliser fault i've had the imobiliser ecu changed but it is no better. When my brother uses the car there doesn't seem to be a problem when i use it it leaves me stranded in all sorts of places refusing to start. The only suggections that i've had suggest changing the ECU, but i have also been told that you cannot fit a second hand unit. Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks Hayley

Edited by Pugugly on 23/02/2009 at 22:52

01 1.8 intermittent starting fault - Dynamic Dave
When my brother uses the car ....

Are you both using the same key, or do you both have your own? If the latter, try using your brothers key to see if the fault still occurs.
01 1.8 intermittent starting fault - i hate my vectra
we've tried both keys, and now are just using the one key but there is no improvement sometimes it starts fine other times it will start run for a couple of seconds and other times just turn over and not fire up ie immobiliser problem. Its so unreliable and frustrating it's killing me